22 & 23 Weeks
Some updates:
Names:
We have zero name options. Nada. Zilch.
It's starting to be a real problem. I don't know why we can't buckle down and start finding some good options! It's not for lack of trying. Okay, it might have to do a little bit with how busy we've been lately - maybe it hasn't gotten quite the time and attention it needs. But, we have multiple baby name apps downloaded on our phones (one of which is a Tinder-type app that lets you match up names that both you and your spouse said they liked), I go through baby name lists on a regular basis, and it's definitely on my mind. I just haven't found anything that seems to fit. I'm hoping for some inspiration soon, though. With Lydia we went to the hospital with her name (and a few backup names in case it didn't feel right last minute). With Austin we weren't quite sure and went with 2-3 names to decide between when we "met" him. It was really stressful to both of us. We've decided that we'd rather have a name that we really think we want (with flexibility of course) so that we can spend that time bonding with each other and our new baby instead of worrying about which name to pick. So, now that I've explained all of the reasons why we want to have a solid name picked, we can get back to the fact that we still don't even have a direction. Ha. We do have a middle name that we are about 90% sure about, which is really good, but it's affected some first names that we might have liked otherwise but doesn't really flow with the middle name. I'm sure it will come together, but this is where we are now.
Lydia and Austin:
Love this baby. It's about the sweetest thing I can imagine. They both talk about our new baby all the time. Lydia especially talks about him like he's already here and already part of our family. He's included when she says "the girls sit here and one boy - and the other two boys sit over there", or when she's counting how many people are in our family, and she's constantly reminding me to eat good food so that our baby can grow healthy and strong. She's a little confused about how the baby is growing in side of me, and sometimes asks "is this where the baby's arm is?" while pointing to my arm. But oh, she loves him so much already. She talks about name options every day, mostly made up names, "let's call him Hoo-rem-ahh-da".
27 Weeks
Leg Pain:
At about 24/25 weeks I started having quite a bit of leg pain again. It has happened earlier in the pregnancy, around 16/17 weeks, and after steadily getting worse and worse until it was really starting to be a problem, not just a nuisance, it just disappeared. I had hoped it wouldn't come back but when it hit me again it was pretty frustrating. It was an incredibly sharp pain in my right leg right where the leg connected to the pelvic bone. It didn't seem brought on by extra activity, and didn't really seem to be helped by resting (when I laid down it didn't hurt, but it didn't stop it from hurting when I stood back up). However, almost as suddenly as it started up again - last week it stopped. I haven't had to deal with it again since and I'm hoping that it's gone for good. (Cross your fingers for me?) I know that many women have much much much more difficult pregnancies than I ever have, and even this small thing hasn't been such a big deal. But I never had any pain like this with my other pregnancies so I figure that it's something to note.
Maternity Clothes:
I finally splurged and bought a handful of new maternity clothes. When I was pregnant with Lydia I was teaching school so I have a lot of winter season professional-type clothes that I made work but not many "I'm home with kids and want to be comfortable while I'm pregnant". And then with Austin I only had summer clothes, so I've been wearing short sleeve shirts with cardigans which has been fine- but I didn't have any maternity pants and I just wanted a few new things. I haven't gained more weight with this pregnancy, and I don't even really feel like I've gotten bigger faster, but my clothes definitely fit me differently, and where I wore my regular jeans with a belly band all through both pregnancies - this time around it just wasn't working for me. The day that I got my maternity leggings and a new long sleeve maternity shirt in the mail (from Target, bless their hearts) - I got right back online and ordered several more things because I hadn't been so comfortable in such a long time and it was soooo nice. Sometimes my frugal self thinks "It's only a few months, it's not worth buying a whole new wardrobe." But then the part of me that just wants to be comfortable says "It's worth it!"
Baby Supplies:
We're starting to make some baby purchases and it's so exciting! Over Black Friday we bought a video baby monitor, which is going to be so nice. As ridiculous as it sounds, I can't count the number of times that I've woken up at 4 in the morning terrified that someone has come into my house and stolen my baby and that if I don't go in to check right now that I won't know until morning and then it will be too late. (Plus the less extreme things like "are they asleep yet" etc...) I have money saved to buy a new baby wrap that is softer and lighter than the one I have right now, I just have to finalize which print/color I want. I just got a new carseat cover that I'm excited about and I'm asking for a new nursing cover for Christmas. We have most of the stuff that we need, but I'm excited to be getting a few new things for this sweet babe!
Overall, I'm feeling really good and I'm grateful to be pregnant right now. Sometimes I start getting in my head and am scared to add a third baby to the mix (mostly when I feel like I can't even handle the two that I already have), but I know that this baby is supposed to be mine. I only pray that I will be able to handle the newborn stage with more grace and peace than I did last time, and that I can be a good mother to this little boy and his siblings. I'm so blessed in so many ways, and I hope that I can raise my children in a way that they know how blessed we are - and how loved they are.




No comments:
Post a Comment