If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, May 19, 2017

End of Preschool

And just like that... preschool is out for the summer!

During the last couple of weeks leading up to the end of Lydia's preschool, she kept asking me if I would come and watch her during the gymnastics portion of her preschool. The few times that I was able to come she was always SO excited to see me watching from above. 
One of the days when I went to pick her up, one of the other kids had brought kittens for his show and tell. Lydia begged for my phone to take a picture of them. Also- I might be the most sad of all that Ms. Alyson won't be Lydia's teacher anymore. She was so kind and such a good teacher.

On the very last day of preschool they had a Gymnastics program where the parents got to come and watch what the kids were working on. It was so fun! While we were waiting for the program to start, Lydia asked her teacher if Austin could come in with her, so he got to go in an play with play-doh which they both loved. 

Lydia did great at her program!



Afterwards, the kids got to play on the gym equipment which they loved.




We celebrated after the fact by going to McDonalds for lunch. We drove past McDonalds every day at lunch time and Lydia asked to go all.the.time. I always told her that we'd do it at the end of her preschool and she held me to my word. 

We are so proud of everything that she did and learned this year. I can hardly believe that she is headed to kindergarten in the fall. I cried when I dropped her off at her first day at preschool and was almost in tears on the last day, too. It's been such a special time to drive with her to preschool, walk in with her, and give her a big hug and kiss before letting her run into her classroom. She's still at the age where she frequently would run back out of the classroom to give me one more hug to tell me that she loved me, and that's one of the sweetest feelings in a mom's life. It's nice when you make the right decision about things. We didn't feel great about having her go in the fall, but having her do this particular preschool for the last half of the year was definitely the right choice. 

Lydia, we're proud of you and love you so much.

No comments: