If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Sunday, November 5, 2017

A suite Jazz game

A few months ago I was asked if I would be the new office scheduler. This means all scheduling requests go through mean and Jeff Sorenson (Audit Department head) and I work to resolves conflicts and make sure everything works. It takes about 4 hours a week to just work through normal things. However, on Thursday and Friday we had a huge meeting to work through all of the busy season conflicts. Thursday went from 8 am to 8 pm, but it was not enough and so we had to meet Friday afternoon as well. While this certainly brings lots of extra work it meant I was in this meeting on Friday afternoon when Paul Skeen who was in the meeting as well got a text asking if Eide Bailly would like a suite for the Jazz game on Friday night. He jumped at it and since I was sitting right next to him, I got 4 tickets so that Shantel and the kids could come as well. 

I have been wanting to take the kids to the Jazz game for a long time but, (A) it is expensive and (B) it is hard for kids to sit in a little chair for hours. We got to the suite and I was in charge of ordering some food for the suite. The kids absolutely loved the game. I was surprised at how much they just liked watching the game itself. Both of them would just stare and watch it and cheer when everyone else cheered. Lydia especially totally "got it." She found out which team was our team (the blue team not the red team) and would cheer when the blue team scored. She would yell "Go Jazz" and was totally watching the scoreboard hoping that the Jazz would have more points. In addition to loving the game, they loved the food. They especially loved the Pizza, fruit (they just kept eating it) and the brownie/cookie treats. 


Austin was super cute because when we got it and let him hand his ticket to get it scanned and then he just wanted to hold on to it and he thought it was so cool. I love this picture of him holding his ticket and just watching everything.








We had a fantastic time and I think we'll have to take the kids to another game soon. Although, next time we'll probably have to pay and won't get it suite and if we learned anything, it is hard to go back to a normal chair after having a suite.

No comments: