If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Park City - Last Minute Getaway.

I (David) am in charge of organizing the UACPA Leadership Academy which is leadership training for newer CPA's (3-10 years). It is a great event and I love organizing it. This year when I got to my hotel in park city, it was incredible. (Sorry very few pictures). In fact, as soon as I got in I got on Marco Polo to send Shantel a video message so she could see it. Shantel had been deciding whether to come up and spend a night in park city or not. She had been leaning to no, just because of the work of bringing the kids and because I don't really have much free time because there are activities I am in charge of at night as well. Then I sent her the video of the room and she had to come. It had a big kitchen and family room/dining room area, a master bedroom with a giant master bathroom and a separate bathroom...and...a hot tub for the room on the patio.
Jenna ended up offering to take Lydia and Austin for a night and Shantel came up for one night. She went to the dinner with our group at a nice restaurant. Then she put Caleb to bed and we were able to go out and relax in the hot tub. It was so incredible, it was cold outside which made it nice to sit in the warm hot tub. Honestly, it was such a relaxing night, I'm not sure how we stay in a room without a hot tub now. We were able to just talk and rest. The next morning I had to leave pretty early, but Shantel took advantage of Caleb sleeping to sneak out to read her book in the hot tub. I'm grateful we had the chance to relax together.

(Shantel's note: This was the most relaxing weekend! It was a little lame that David had to work - but I brought a book and it was just perfect. A fancy dinner with David and his group (which we just brought Caleb with us, and he was perfect as always), hot tub in the crisp Park City air, then hot tub and book reading in the morning. Everything was just perfect. A HUUUGE shoutout to Jenna who volunteered to take the older kids.)

No comments: