If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Monday, November 18, 2019

Jazz Game!

I decided for one of the my dates with the kids that I really wanted to take Lydia and Austin to a Jazz game this year. I looked for a game with pretty inexpensive tickets (of course any tickets are expensive). We got tickets to see the Jazz play the Timberwolves. Shantel was planning to drop them off to me downtown since I was already downtown for work.

I got a call from her about 30 minutes before she was dropping them off and they were stick in the Little Caesars parking lot and the van would not start! They had just stopped to pick up a pizza so the kids could eat dinner on the way downtown. I headed to Draper to go get the kids, while Shantel called for a tow truck. I got the kids to head downtown and Shantel was able to get a friend to pick her up. We hurried downtown and managed to get to the arena pretty close to 7 pm.

Shantel's tow truck.

Us outside the Arena.

I feel pretty proud because even though we were late, I did not let it get me stressed (I usually do). I also just let the kids take their time choosing a treat and something from the team store and figured we would get to the game when we were ready.

I had saved my money so that the kids could get something fun from the Jazz store and then also decided they could get an ice cream. They loved it.

Austin chose a rainbow dots and Lydia got a banana split dots.

View from our seats.

When we went to the Jazz store at the Meet the Jazz event in October Lydia found a Jazz bear she really loved. She picked that for her toy. So funny because she immediately took off his Jazz uniform.


Austin did not have anything at the store he wanted, he mostly just wanted Ice cream, but I found this blanket and even though it was a little expensive, I thought he would love it and I love when the kids have something to remember special dates like this. He loved snuggling with his blanket all game.



The kids did awesome at the game. We had a few trips to the bathroom and the drinking fountain, but they sat great. In addition, they loved it. My favorite thing was watching them learn to cheer. Lydia especially got the hang of it. At one point she yelled super loud, "Go Jazz!" Then she told me she was really brave because she was nervous to yell it out. After that she spent the rest of the game yelling "Go Jazz" and "defense" and "You can do it." Austin joined in. I was so much fun. Both were very invested in the game and were devastated when the Jazz lost. The Jazz were down about 10 with 2 minutes left and you kind of knew it was over and Lydia asked, "they can still come back, right?" It was so sweet and we had so much fun. I loved just chatting with them, watching the game and cheering with them. 

We ended up parking at City Creek and taking the train over because I thought that would be fast and cheap (it worked well). Plus they loved the train ride.







I love these kids and we had a great Jazz date!

No comments: