If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

David and The List

I think that I've posted about this before - but I can't remember and so I'm going to post it again. 

I was going through some old papers and things and came across this list written in a notebook from my college days. It's titled "The List" and is full of ten qualities that I was hoping to find in a future husband. We can debate the actual merits vs detriments of having a list like this a different day - because we definitely have opinions about how a lot of the time the best person for you may be very different than any list you might make. 

However, 

David and I have now been married for over 11 years. 

He still checks off every single one of these items. 


1. He has a testimony of the gospel, served a mission, loves & trusts God, will be able to bless my home with the Priesthood.

2. Intelligent. Likes to learn new things and gain knowledge.

3. Sense of Humor. Can laugh and make me laugh. Can brighten my day.

4. Treats me well. Loves me for who I am and who I can become. Will help me to be a better person -- but will love me even when I miss up.

5. Likes the outdoors. Will spending time outside with me and my family.

6. Handyman. Is able to fix up things around the house and build simple things.

7. Will comfort me when I cry - but will understand that sometimes I need to cry.

8. Will be adventurous with me. Can make small, simple things fun.

9. Is honest, truthful, faithful, and dependable.

10. Stands up for what he believes in - but willing to compromise.



-----


I love this David more now than I did when I married him 11 years ago and he is more of a dream come true than I could have even ever written into a list like this. He's an amazing father and my best friend and I'm just so grateful to have him in my life. (And I hope that I'm able to check off as many boxes for him as he does for me.)






No comments: