We are hitting a pretty big milestone this month. After more than one year of having home church (at first, exclusively, and later on rotation every other week) we are headed back to in person sacrament meeting full time. That means that June 9th was our last day of having church at home. It's been a really interesting experience. One that we certainly never expected but one that has been a blessing in a lot of ways. I admit to a little hesitancy at saying goodbye to our little sacrament meeting at home, mostly because of the sweet spirit that our Sundays have had, and also because Sacrament meeting can be hard with such young children. However, we are so grateful that we can return and worship every week at the chapel and with our ward family. I think that Lydia is the most sad of all because of how much she loved planning and building the wooden sacrament tray for David. I feel like it was a tangible way for her to be involved in the sacrament and she's a little sad to miss that. But actually, she's really excited for primary, so I changed my mind. It's Austin that is the most sad. He has loved home church and would keep it this way forever. I relate to Lydia, because as I made the effort to prepare our home for the sacrament, including making a special little load of sacramental bread - I felt more connected and a part of the sacramental ordinance. It was a special time in the life of our family.
.
.
But now we are back! Back to Primary! Our ward meets for sacrament meeting for 50 minutes, has a 10 minute transition, and then a 30 minute "second hour." Hopefully that time will bump up to a full second hour block.
Lucy is in Nursery for the first time ever.
Caleb is a Sunbeam.
Lydia and Austin are both in Senior Primary.
I had a Stake Speaking Assignment as the Stake Primary President in the CF ward and took pictures of their primary but missed taking pictures of our own primary. (We have a LOT more chairs squished into the primary room.) David handled the kids alone and I was able to come back and help at the end. I just have to say how much I love being able to travel to other wards and speak.
Also, the recommendation is to still wear masks inside, but less than half of the people were wearing masks the first Sunday- so I guess we will see how that goes.
More than anything I'm just grateful for this special family of mine and that we are blessed with the ability to return to church and continue to build our foundations of faith in Jesus Christ.



















No comments:
Post a Comment