I was writing Lucy's 2.5 post and opened up Caleb's 2.5 post to remind me what I wrote for him. His sweet chubby face gave me all the feels and led me to search out Austin's and Lydia's 2.5 year old posts, too. These darling kids, I love them all so much! Then, because I get to do whatever I want to do (ha!) I decided to do a 2.5 comparison post of all of our sweet 2.5 year old babies.
I do also want to note that each of our other three kids had a baby sibling at this 2.5 post. I'm feeling really happy with the way our family is right now and seriously SO thrilled to be able to enjoy this stage right now with all sorts of energy that I wasn't sure I would ever get back. I love babies, and love my babies, but thought it was worth mentioning that I'm happy to not have a baby right now.
Now on to my sweet 2.5 year olds... I just copied and pasted the opening paragraph, photos, and one or two things from their post.
---
Lydia Elise @ 2.5 Years Old
Oh this sweet, opinionated, loving, strong-willed two year old of ours. We love her so much and simultaneously wonder how we are ever going to teach her anything. She seems to have jumped into full fledged two year old mode, but even with the tantrums and stubborness - we still adore her and don't know what we would do without her. She still has the ability to absolutely make my heart melt and make me feel like the most special mother in the whole world.
--She gets joy from the smallest things. Olives on her fingers = the best thing ever. Building a giant tower = the best thing ever. Jumping on the couch cushions = the best thing ever.
--She's started holding her hands up to her eyes to "see". She uses her binoculars to "see you" and it's super darling. She also uses toilet paper rolls as telescopes and any other items with windows to look through.
Austin Scott @ 2.5 Years Old
Austin, my sweet boy. You are such a joy. You're opinionated, funny, and a wonderful ear! I'm completely torn because two and a half years doesn't seem nearly long enough to fit all the joy that you've brought to us, but at the same time I still think of you as my little baby and I can't believe you're so big!
-We wake up every morning to Austin shouting from his crib (which is now in Lydia's room that they've been successfully sharing for a couple months now) "Mom! I want oh-yurt! I want ohhhhh-yuuuuurt." He wakes up early and wants to eat immediately. That's a pretty good snapshot of our life right now.
Caleb Samuel @ 2.5 Years Old
Caleb Samuel. You're just the best of the best. 2.5 years has been good to you - and I submit that you're the cutest, sweetest 2.5 year old around. You're chatting up a storm, curious about everything, and have a natural ability to make people smile. You are really throwing yourself into the role of big brother. We love you so much and we are so happy to have you in our family.
He loves books. One of his favorites right now is "How to Train your Train" and if you pause at the right places he will fill in the words for you. Like, Let's make the call of the Wild Train... Chugga Chugga "Choo Choo!" and How do you know if the train you picked is the one? "You'll know!" I love him. He also loves "The Little Engine that Could" and he will say lots of those words, too.
Lucy Holland @ 2.5 Years Old
Lucy-darling. We love you so. At age 2.5 you are either delightful sunshine or stormy temper. However, at 2.5, it's all wonderful. The highs and the lows. Maybe it's because you're the littlest one and we've done 2.5 before, but even your tantrums or big feelings don't get us down. We just smile and wait for your cheerful face to reappear as soon as you work through whatever is troubling you. Now, sometimes you don't finish eating dinner because you're too upset about not having the purple plate - and sometimes you feel so angry that you scrunch your face and want to pinch someone - but most of the time you're just the most cheerful little person we know. We love this age with you and are treasuring each moment. (Except that you want to potty train, we are NOT ready for that.)
Two of the biggest things that mark Lucy at this age:
1- She loves getting into my keys/wallet and pulling out all of my credit cards. It's really a problem but I like my wallet the way it is so I'm hoping that this is just a stage and I don't have to change. Unfortunately, I'm currently missing my driver's license, so that's not great.
2- She loves babies. Like LOVES babies. She talks about them all the time and tucks them in at night under their blankets. She's the sweetest little nurturer to them.






No comments:
Post a Comment