I'm a mother. They call me Mommy, Mama, Mom, and "MOM-MOM-MOM-MOM!"
This, from "Ordinary on Purpose":
"Maybe He always knew motherhood would be hard, messy work. And maybe He understood exactly the ways I would struggle.
Maybe He realized I would mess up and get it wrong and fall down and keep trying and love fiercely and NEVER, EVER give up.
And maybe. Just maybe...
He chose ME anyway.
Because He believes despite my imperfections...
I'm just the right mom for the job."
I am a mom who loves spending time with her children. Who loves learning alongside them. Who makes mistakes and asks for forgiveness. Who sets boundaries and extends grace. Who loves reading books to her kids and who really wishes they would stay.in.their.bed at bedtime. Who would rather be exploring new places with her kids than almost anything else. Who is stealing hundreds and hundreds of hours with her children and hoping that she's doing a good job and giving them a good childhood and a steady foundation to grow.
I am not a perfect mother - but I love these children and am so grateful for the minutes, hours, days, and years that I get to spend as their mom.






No comments:
Post a Comment