If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Q.1 Insta-Tuesday

my instagram posts from January, February, and March

{1.4.23}
Starting our new year with new friends and nature. It was so beautiful that a picture can’t capture it, but this one is trying really hard.


{1.5.23}
Cardboard Town Day today. I stayed up late finishing taking down Christmas and then we spent the day building houses out of extra boxes from Christmas. The kids are demanding we leave the boxes up indefinitely and I am not in a hurry to take them down.

{1.8.23}
We got in on standby to see Pride and Prejudice at the Hale Orem this weekend and it was just such a fun date. I was shocked to learn that all of David’s Pride and Prejudice knowledge came from the references in You’ve Got Mail and we came home from the play and watched the 2003 P&P, Pink Bible, version. (I know, we are doing it all backwards) I’ve committed David to read the whole book in 2023 and have plans for the other movie adaptations, including the 6 hour one.


{1.17.23}
I’m reading Treasure Island to Lydia and Austin at bedtime right now. The full, original, unabridged version (after listening to the Enchanted Hour, it skyrocketed to the top of my read aloud list).

The words are big and sometimes the phrases are tangly. Often I read a paragraph and have to quietly reread it so that I can explain what is happening. But I have been so surprised how much they are loving it. The crew just made it to the Island of Treasure and we just found out that Long John is a scallywag of the worst sort (spoiler, sorry). We can’t wait to find out what happens next.

All my kids have also discovered a love of brushing my hair while I read and Lydia has been practicing new hairstyles, which I love and absolutely encourages me to read longer.

I made about 100 mistakes today as a mom. But I read about pirates and adventure to my children at bedtime and I’m going to hold on to that as I go to sleep tonight.



{1.20.23}
5:00 and girl can’t hang.

{2.4.23}
I was a judge at the Region 3 FCCLA competition this week and it was SO fun. My old co-teacher from Westlake HS in now in a FCCLA leadership position and occasionally asks me to come help. It was fun to put back on my teacher hat while judging the Interior Design Star Event. I’m grateful that David was willing to take the day off work so that I could dress up in my professional teacher clothes and spend the day there. It was fun and fulfilling and I was extra grateful to come home to my kiddos when it was all over.

{2.9.23}
Trying out my new scooter (yay Christmas presents!) with my best little scooter-er. Yay for warm days in February.

{2.14.23}
*reel*
16 Valentine's Days with you and "I love you just a little bit more."


{1..23}
There are so many things I love about the homeschooling lifestyle, but this has got to be one of them. The time to experience to majestic beauty of the world mixed with the delighted laughter of my children as they go speeding down a hill on a sled. I usually love January for the slow hygge vibes, but this January + February we’ve been more active than usual. Having a three year old as the youngest is so incredibly different than having a baby. So much more freedom! But I’m committing to making time for hygge time at home before winter is gone.


{2.16.23}
Some days are made for snuggling on the basement couch with a space heater close by while the kids take turns jumping on the trampoline and doing their bookworm. This is what February homeschool looks like today. 😍


{2.22.23}
*reel-timelapse video*
t’s hard to even describe the amount of snow we received today. Enough that every single one of our plans were cancelled and we spent the day either watching the snow outside or playing in the snow outside. There is something magical about a snow day and even though we still did most of our homeschool work, the whole day was filled with a little extra magic. We had our snack “snow picnic style” by the back door while it snowed. I played “treasure hunt” with Lucy in the basement, where she hid individual chocolate chips in random places while I did homeschool with the boys and then we would hunt for them together holding Halloween baskets. We had friends come over to visit and play in the snow which was deep enough to make snow tunnels and forts in. This was my favorite day of 2023.


{2.25.23}
*reel*
Okay. So I saw a tutorial for how to do a reel and wanted to try. So I did and now I feel silly posting it, but you can’t save it unless you post it. But I had a good day and I had fun making this. So as soon as I can figure out how to make reels and NOT let everyone see them I will stop posting them.

"Three outfit changes today: 1. Speaking at Stake Women's Conference about the Children and Youth Program. 2. Playing with my kids, doing dishes, making dinner. 3. Dinner out + flowers for a friend's birthday."


{3.7.23}
When Lydia was 6, we unintentionally stumbled into establishing a new family tradition and it’s turned into one of my favorites. When a child turns 6 they get to ride on an airplane with just mom and dad to go visit out-of-state family. We just spent the loveliest 5days with this wonderful family in Indiana (plus a few days exploring Kentucky). It was so amazing to watch Caleb playing with L&R, to learn a new game with A, and to watch O perform in her school’s production of Newsies. Just so fun to be there for a weekend and be a part of the regular life of these people that we love but don’t get to see nearly enough. (We love you M&J. Thank you for hosting us.) Now Lucy is talking about her 6 year old trip and planning the day when she gets to fly on an airplane, too.


{2.26.23}
I’m always grateful for David. It’s like a continual state of being. However, there are times when I am even MORE grateful for him. These past few weeks have been so full of things that have left me overwhelmed with gratitude for him. He’s my person.


{3.18.23}
Basketball watching (bracket busting), bike riding with coats and sunshine, half birthday celebrating, and planing ways to finish the homeschool year strong. Sometimes I think March is my favorite month.


{3.25.23}
We went to the most darling birthday party for Lucy’s friend this afternoon. I am GIGGLING over how much Lucy looks like the cake in this picture. The purple of her shirt-the purple vase layer. The teal sleeve puff-the 3D wave wrapping around the cake. All the way to the fish tail coming off the top of her head with the purple wave behind. It’s tickling my funny bone. The party was amazing (as expected), but I also wanted to document how much I love spending time with Lucy right now. She’s such a sweet girl. We’ve been going to a neighborhood music class each week and I love spending that time with her. (favorite songs: Matilda the Gorilla, Three Little Ducks/Snack song) She also has a thing for chickens right now and we have been rotating through every picture book the library has with a chicken as the main character. 😂 Tonight she asked for a “long snuggle” and after about 39 seconds she said “that’s enough, you can go” and I just feel like I want to hold on to her at this age forever.

No comments: