Another Softball and Baseball Season is in the books! Lydia, Austin, and Caleb all played on a Lehi Rec League team and I think it was a great experience for all of them.
Lydia played in the Filly League (5th/6th grade) for the Diamonds. Because she's a 5th grader, she had to try out again - but her tryouts went well and she had a good season. She's growing in confidence and with continued practice, her skills will continue to grow. Lydia really enjoys playing softball and I'm grateful it was a good season for her.
This was Austin's first season playing on the dirt softball fields and it was a big step up for him. He did a great job and had a good experience.
Caleb played Tball for the first time this year and was in a group with other boys from our neighborhood. That was fun for him and it was a good introduction to baseball.
Doing youth sports takes an incredible amount of time and dedication and I'm grateful to have the option to do this through the Lehi Rec Leagues. It's only 6-8 weeks and they get a good experience with sports and playing on a team. By the time those 6-8 weeks are over, I am SO ready to have our weeknights back - but I am grateful for the experiences my kids have had.
I recognize that I need to do more to practice their skills with them outside of their team and although I have the best intentions, we haven't made that happen very well. But with time, I hope that more practice to lead to improved skills, which will lend to having a better experience with the sports.








No comments:
Post a Comment