Have you noticed a severe lack of photos in my recent posts? I don't have any really good excuses for that except for the fact that I haven't been very good about taking pictures lately. However, I have a few pictures to post today.
Here are some from the past little while :)
I don't remember exactly what I was doing, (or why David took this picture for that matter) but it looks like I had just finished dinner and was in the middle of writing lesson plans for my classes. (Actually, I was probably playing Facebook Attack... but lets pretend that I was being really productive! Maybe pretend I was working on a wedding invitation or something.)
Last weekend, David and I decided to go out to dinner at Angie's. Their slogan is: "Where the Locals Eat." So now it's official! We are locals!
You can just imagine what David is thinking here. I'll paraphrase. "Why does this girl feel like she has to take pictures of us everywhere we go. As soon as I get my hands on that camera, i'm not giving it back!" So sorry David! But how else am I supposed to document our lives on our blog?
It's been so warm lately and so after our dinner at Angie's we went to Arctic Circle and got delicious ice cream cones! I love their cherry dipped cones. :)
I have to give some background our latest adventure so you will understand.
I had just gotten home from student teaching, and had about a half hour break before I had to leave to go to work. I grabbed Juliet (our sweet little laptop computer) and flopped down on the bed to rest for a minute while I caught up on my facebook/blog stalking. I had only been there for a couple of minutes when I saw a black spot scurry across the sheet close to my leg. I jumped off the bed and grabbed something to smash the spider that had tried to eat me, but couldn't find out where the little creature had escaped to. I was creeped out so I went into the living room to finish my facebook/blog stalking. When I went back into the room a couple of minutes later, I saw the spider on the floor. I was ready this time and I tried to smash it, but it was too quick for me again!
When I told David what had happened, I also told him that we would not be sleeping in our bed that night. And we didn't.
We had a sleepover in our front room! It was so much fun. (And so much less creepy. There is no way that I would have been able to sleep knowing that I was sharing a bed with a spider!)
We pulled the couches together to make a little bed, and it was actually very comfortable.
Isn't he cute? He looks happy for someone who has been kicked out of his bedroom by a little bug! He is so good to humor me when I get crazy ideas like these.
5 comments:
haha that is awesome! Logan and I sleep in our living room every once in awhile...we just pull our mattress out and watch movies on our TV then fall asleep out there! It is so fun!
I love the pictures! You guys are so cute together =)
Hi Shantel! Cute pictures. I laughed out loud at the spider story and sleeping in the living room. Next time we see each other, I've got a beetle story to tell you. It's horrible! I'm also commenting here about the comments you made on my blog. The red crafty thing (there's actually 2 of them)--one will be a corkboard and one will be a whiteboard. If I ever get them done. And, what is up with the crazy outfits comment? There MUST be a story to that. I can't wait to hear it.
funny kids! I don't like bugs either, though!
Dear Shanny! I love you so much! It was SO SO SO SO good to talk to you today! It made my day! (you can even ask Rex because I told him all about it!....but don't worry i left the marriage part out!) ha ha.... Your computer looks awesome...couches look comfortable..and you look beautiful as always! Thanks for being the best older sister ever! Love you!
*shudder* No me gustan las araƱas.
Post a Comment