If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Monday, December 6, 2010

It's a Monday.

Friday is only 4 days away.

I hope that I can make it. I've had a hard time getting started today and feel like it should be Wednesday at least. But, Christmas cards are in the mail - I'm almost done with work - and the latest wedding announcements that I have been working on will be done and ready for delivery today.

That means today has been a successful and good day.

These are some other things that have been happening around the Peaden household:

Painting our beautiful blue wall.  That was the deal with our Landlord - we could paint if we wanted, but we had to paint it back before moving out. It was SO worth it! We started painting on Saturday and got everything all primed up - but when we went to open the leftover paint (from when we painted the room a year and a half ago after we had to tear up the carpet to get it replaced) it had gone b.a.d.

Apparently, you shouldn't keep paint in a storage shed where it can freeze during the winter, boil during the summer, and then freeze again during the next winter. Think really bubbly oil-water, with little bits of paint chips floating around in it. Or rather - don't think about it. It may make you sick. 

This means that tonight after work, David and I will be stopping at Sherwin-Williams to pick up the "custom paint color" of an ivory/off-white that our Landlord had created to paint all of her apartments. 

If anyone wants to join us - it's going to be a party!
------------


We have slowly and steadily been making progress on our packing. We have one whole wall full of boxes that are packed, and we feel pretty good about that. It's still a little difficult right now, because we still have time that we have to live in our apartment and we are trying to keep things relatively un-disturbed. Our focus has been on things that are hidden away in forgotten drawers and corners that we don't use on a regular basis. But, with only 10 packing days left... it's about time to get everything packed up!

-------


We have just recently started watching Psych and we LOVE it.

Also, because of Psych, we discovered the term "dramedy." We now know that this is our favorite genre. Thank you Psych and Netflix for teaching us so much. Also, thanks to all of those who suggested Psych to us even when I was skeptical. It great!

-----------

 My friend Allison is incredibly talented and creative. She decided that she was going to tie-dye a wedding dress and asked if I would take some pictures for her. Check HERE for some of the pictures that I took of her and HERE for the whole story.

-------------



I was able to take pictures for one of my greatest childhood friend's older brother. The Cragun's lived just around the corner from us in Ephraim (and actually... we bought their house from them, and then they moved around the corner) and they are one of the most wonderful families that I know. I had so much fun taking pictures with Steve and Natalie, and am so happy for them and their soon-to-be little family! I've spent a lot of time editing pictures lately, and am happy with the improvements I have been making with my photography skills.

p.s. 

We are right in the middle of the Abigail/Shawn/Juliet love triangle. 



It's a tough call. I think that Juliet is wonderful but Abigail fits so well with Shawn. This is the first time I have ever really gotten into a Television series that was still on the air (usually I'm into things more along the lines of Remington Steele, Quincy, and Mork and Mindy) so please bear with me!

I just love them both!

5 comments:

HotMama255 said...

Goodbye, blue wall! Wish I could help you paint just as you always help me. Everyone loves our red wall!

I am so glad you finally joined the family and became Psych fans! Shawn and Gus are hilarious! I love you!

kenzis said...

You are so talented! Seriously..when I get married plan on being my photographer! :-)

Melissa said...

I totally know what you mean about still wanting to live in your apartment and needing to pack at the same time. Mike and I went through the same thing when we moved. In fact we were still packing the day we moved. (I don't recommend doing that by the way.)
We're excited to have you guys closer to us. Good luck with your packing.

Jenna10 said...

Shantel! YOu are amazing! I just want you to know that! Also, I think that it is GREAT that you like psych! I believe that it is one of the best T.V. shows going right now! I love it! And you are an AMAZING photographer! iT is getting so good! You are so talented! I love you!!!!

Kellie and Nick Fawcett said...

I love Juliet!!! I love that Shawn calls her jewels. In fact I don't like Abigail for getting in the way!