Full Name: David Scott PeadenBirthday: October 11, 1984
Height: 5' 11"
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Favorite Color: Navy (Aggie) Blue
Age when we first met: 22
Age when we got married: 24
When I first met David, he was double majoring in Accounting and Economics. He had served his mission in Nashville, Tennessee, Spanish speaking and he worked at the Controllers Office for Utah State in their accounting department. I was immediately impressed by his work ethic in all that he did, but especially how hard he worked to do well in school. I was also impressed at how friendly he was with everyone. I don't think there is a single person who has ever met David and walked away thinking about anything other than how nice he is. Not only is he kind, but he is also funny and incredibly smart. However, more than anything David is a spiritual pillar. He loves the Lord, and that shows through in all of the other things that he does. I know that someday he will make an amazing father who will teach his children how to be good people - and how to serve the Lord.
David loves:
Games. David loves to play games of any kind, but specifically card games. Mention Nertz, Buy, Club 7, Canasta, or pretty much any other card game and he is all for it! In fact, if you come to our house - you can pretty much count on getting roped into a game or two before you leave. Don't think he will go easy on you though, just because you are a guest, he is amazing at pretty much any game and wins more often than he looses.
Potatoes. Pretty much anything that contains the word "potato" in the recipe could be counted as Davids favorite food. He likes he potatoes mashed, sliced, baked, fried, grated, and cubed. They can be covered in Italian dressing, mixed in with cream of chicken soup and sour cream, included in soups, or even served plain - it doesn't really matter. If its a potato, he loves it! (Which makes cooking in our house super easy!)
Sports. Basketball, football, soccer, tennis, golf, even baseball. If there is ESPN coverage (and even if there isn't), it doesn't go unnoticed. I am constantly amazed at how much knowledge of sports is flying around inside that head of his. He knows so much of what is going on this year, of what will happen next year, and what happened 15 years ago. I love to see how happy it makes him when his sports team of choice wins.
The outdoors. David loves to camp and hike and spend his time outdoors in the beautiful sun. Many hours have been spent playing, hiking, and enjoying the things the world has to offer.
Studying for the CPA exam. Okay, okay.... maybe David doesn't LOVE this - but he does love to succeed. Before success can come, lots and lots of studying must take place. David is amazing in his motivation and determination to succeed. He studies several hours every day. (Even when his wife isn't as supportive of his boring studying as she should be.) We are both excited for the time when his studying will be over and he will be an official Certified Public Accountant.



5 comments:
you forgot... President of the Shantel Fan Club. I think you guys are great! :)
I should do this, too! love it!
So fun to read all about how the two of you met! What a cute idea! Also...if I wanted you to make a custom blog title (you know, the picture/name thing up at the top of every blog...can't think of what it's called) could you do that for me? How much would that cost to have you do? Yours are always so cute! Email me back with the details :)
You and David are so awesome Shantel. I love you guys so much. I posted something you will want to see on our blog. It's in my update post. I can't wait to see you again. We really need to make a schedule of date nights and get together a lot more often this next year before Steve is done with school.
He really is so friendly and kind. You two are perfect for each other. :)
Post a Comment