will be serving in the Morristown, New Jersey mission for the next two years.
Wait, what... He isn't 8 years old? He is 18?
Oh my goodness. He even looks like a missionary. When did that happen??? I suppose it makes sense... his twin sister Melissa started college at UVU in August - it makes sense for him to also be graduated from high school.
I can't tell you how excited I am for Matt. He is so ready for this next step of his life and he is going to be the most AMAZING missionary. New Jersey doesn't know what it has coming, but one thing is for sure - Matthew can make a place/people better just be being there. I'm so proud of my little brother who is now so much bigger than me.
Matthew is so awesome.
He can play the guitar like you wouldn't believe. I don't know where he got his musical talent, but it's one of my favorite things to listen to him play the guitar and sing.
Speaking of musical talent, Matt has been involved in several school plays including this one: Grease. He had a leading part where he sang, played the guitar, and played the all-around cool guy.
He was also Cogsworth in Beauty and the Beast. I can honestly say that i've never laughed so hard at a school play. He played the part to perfection and was the best part of the whole show.
![]() |
This is me and Matty out on the water at East Canyon. Some of my favorite memories have been made while boating with my awesome family.
Matt is pretty much a genius. He was in Acadec while in high school, and he won medal after medal after medal at every competition he went to!
Matthew has a twin sister Melissa, and I love watching them interact. Ever since they were young, they had a really special relationship. We called them search and destroy because Melissa would crawl around seeking out good opportunities for mayhem, then would return to Matthew and lead him to her findings. Matthew would then proceed to destroy whatever it was that Melissa had found while she sat by and watched. But even more than that, they have always been close and it's wonderful to see.
Matt loves the outdoors and reminds me so much of my dad when he is in a cowboy hat and on the back of a horse.
I had to include this picture as proof that I can still take him down, no matter how strong he is.
I also felt I should include this picture of Matt and Kallin. Kallin has been Matt's best friend for a while now, and I am grateful for the part she has played in helping him get ready to go on a mission.
And last but not least, another missionary shot of my sweet brother:
I am so proud of you Matt! I look up to you so much and am so excited for you to be able to serve the Lord in New Jersey.












5 comments:
What?! He's old enough to go on a mission? That is crazy!!! He seems like such an amazing kid! Congrats!
Tell your brother congratulations for us!!! We are really happy for him. Just a fun little note, the Morristown, New Jersey mission was apart of my Mom's mission. She served in the New York City Mission which at that time covered a part of New Jersey.
Congratulations again.
Love,
M&M and the mini
What a cool little bro :) My little brother is a junior in high and just went to his first dance... and I am feeling the same way about him! What??!
Anyway you are so cute Shantel, and I miss you! I'm glad you had such a fun birthday this month as well :) You totally deserve it!
Nick used to leave in that mission. Matthew is getting so old.
What?!?! I knew they lowered the missionary age, but 8 years old? ;)
Also, this has NOTHING to do with this post whatsoever, but Scott just informed me that he found his wedding ring. And besides being incredibly relieved, I had to chuckle, because I told him I'd just told you that it was missing.
Post a Comment