If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Birthday Boy

Tuesday was David's birthday - and it was awesome! I am so lucky to have such a genuine and happy person as my husband. I'm pretty sure that I could have given David a package socks and he would have been happy - but I really do think that he enjoyed the things that I selected to celebrate his big day.

Usually these birthday posts get pretty long and sappy (like here and here.) They are usually detailed descriptions of how we celebrated complete with pictures of each step. However, this year I wasn't feeling very well and neglected to take even a single picture! I've been fighting a serious head cold - and just developed a pretty nasty cough - so picture taking hasn't been at the forefront of my mind.

Regardless of my lack of photo skills, I still wanted to do a little shout-out to my sweet husband David, I really couldn't ask for anyone better suited to me. So, here are some of the little-known random little things that I love about David.

-- I love eating hamburgers from McDonalds together. It always makes my day when you give me your pickles before we start eating... Mmmmm.

--I love that our dates consist of thing like: going to bridal fairs to scope out what is going on in the wedding industry, attending open houses for big home builders like ivory homes and dreaming about owning a house, and wandering aimlessly around the grocery store trying to balance our grocery budget with our intense desire to buy lots of Pizza Snacks and Dr. Pepper.

--I love that the first thing you whisper to me in the morning is "I love you" - even before you have completely woken up.

--I love that the only thing I have to do to hint that I want popcorn is to pull out our popcorn maker and leave it on the counter. After that it isn't a matter of "if" we will make popcorn but "when."

--I love that you always take my side when I am upset about something. (Even if it is something silly.)

--I love that whenever I am sick you suggest taking some Powerade to drink during the day. I always think that it won't make a difference, but it ALWAYS makes me feel better.

--I love that it is just understood that before we go to bed, I will lay down on your lap and you will catch up on your sports scores of the day.

--I love that you laugh at my nerdy jokes, and that you continually make your own nerdy jokes. Other people would just stare at us like we are idiots, but I love how often you make me laugh.


I actually had a really hard time finding ways to word the things that I love most about David, everything is so small - it seems silly to try to talk about them. However, my life is made so much better because of the small things that David brings into it.

Happy Birthday my darling boy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I loved this post Shantel! Every marriage is so unique and I love the little tiny things that I share with my husband and it was fun to hear some of those tiny things in your marriage. Hope David had a happy birthday!

Ashley said...

This is absolutely lovely! And how wonderful will it be for Lydia to read someday and know that she wants to find someone just as sweet and kind.