I've really been a loser at blogging lately. I know that most of you probably don't care. But I do. I love having my blog as a place where I can let out what I am thinking and record the events, large and small, of my life with David. However, I have been so busy and so tired over the past month that my blogging has been sorely neglected. In fact, as much as I want to write a detailed post about Thanksgiving... I just don't think i'm up to it. I probably shouldn't even be blogging right now - but i'm on my lunch break and I seriously need a break. So here I am.
As you read about in my last post. David was gone for the full two weeks before Thanksgiving - traveling for business in Kazakhstan. I was really worried about being alone and so I packed my evening and weekends full of things to do with other people. Unfortunately, this "having plans" thing meant that I got no schoolwork done and no housework done either (which were both large parts of my "what i'm going to do while David is gone" plans.) Not that I am complaining! It was great to spend so much time with friends and family and it definitely helped the time to pass by more quickly and less painfully. (I had a really hard time of it when David first started leaving on his business trips.) I know that lots of people have their husbands travel a lot, and that I really shouldn't be complaining... but it was definitely hard for me and I am super glad that he doesn't have to travel anywhere else for a while. It is just so nice to have him home!
Not that we have been "home" very often since he arrived back in the US. Pretty much the day after he got back - we headed to Morgan to start our awesome Thanksgiving holiday. Honestly - this is the best Thanksgiving i've ever had. The only thing that it was missing was my sweet little sister Jenna and her new husband Kevin. (We missed you two like crazy!). We spend some time with my family in Morgan, celebrated my mom's birthday, figured out how to make a green bean casserole, then headed to Wyoming the following day to celebrate Thanksgiving with my dad's family. We ate and ate and ate, and then I ate some more. David had this crazy notion that he should save room for our next Thanksgiving dinner - which was only two hours after we finished with our first. (Sidenote: I'm super impressed with Google Maps. Although it has it's issues - it told us the drive from Lyman, WY was 2 hours and 4 minutes. Exactly 2 hours and 4 minutes after pulling out of my aunts driveway we were pulling in at the Peaden home in West Jordan. How is that for accurate?) I ate less at our second Thanksgiving, but still definitely filled up on the essentials: turkey, potatoes, gravy, and more turkey. It was awesome.
I hadn't gained any weight with the pregnancy so far - and was starting to feel worried about the fact that I was 16 weeks and still hardly showing at all. (Even though my doctor told me not to be concerned.) However, my multiple Thanksgiving feasts did me good - and at 17 weeks I am finally starting to have a "baby bump". It's just a baby-"baby bump"... but it is there! I can even feel our little fella/lady moving around in there. It's crazy. At 5 oz (and 5 inches) - our turnip sized baby is starting to really move... or flutter rather. It's not really movements - it's like butterflies are trapped in my tummy and are trying to get out. I love it.
Unfortunately, the students are starting to arrive - so I must bid you adieu. However, as one last point of random "Peaden Life" information... David took his 3rd (of 4) CPA exam this morning! (Go Audit.) We have been busy and life has been crazy - but we are REALLY hoping that he passes. I have no doubts in his abilities, even though he has been so busy and is fighting a killer cold right now. Still, i'm sure we would appreciate any extra luck you have around sent his way!
4 comments:
I didn't gain any weight for a long time either- you are doing just fine :) Plus it is your first pregnancy I'm sure you'll always have just a cute little bump and never get that big. It will be so fun for you. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful break and that David is safely reuinted with you!
Glad to see you blog again :)
i am dying to see pictures of your bump!! we are so excited for you two!! we still miss being your neighbors!
I'm very impressed with Google Maps accuracy! And reading about feeling Lydia move made me miss feeling my babies moving. :)
Post a Comment