I have this awesome friend Kellie - and she did this fun fact thing a while ago and tagged me to do it as well. I saw that she had tagged me, felt special that she had thought of me, and then immediately dismissed the idea of actually doing it. (I know, I'm kind of a loser.) But then she Facebooked me to remind me that she had tagged me, and so here I am. I just love her and can't refuse a point blank reminder to do it. (Seriously, this one is for you Kell. )
Rules:
1 - you must post the rules.
2 - post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3 - answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4 - tag eleven people and link them on your post
5 - let them know you've tagged them!
Fun Facts:
1. I seriously almost didn't graduate from college because of a 30 hour Preschool Internship I was supposed to complete. I knew about the stinking thing from Day 1 and put it off for 4 years - finally completing it over spring break during my student teaching - just weeks before graduation. It was awful- but now I'm teaching the information and can grudgingly say that I'm grateful for the experience.
2. I was blond all through my childhood. As soon as I hit 7th grade I started highlighting my hair and it wasn't until I went to college that I realized that I was actually a brunette. I had my stylist dye my hair back to its natural color and was shocked. However, I love it brown and probably won't ever go back.
3. David and I own our own business, Red Ladder Design, and we love it. My favorite part is going to Bridal Fairs with David and working together to "sell" our product.
4. I hate it when you are taking a picture with a group and there is more than one camera at a time. It stresses me out unless the picture taking people are very clear: "Everyone look at this camera. *click* Okay, now everyone look at that camera. *click*"
5. I like to soak my feet in the bathtub after I get home from work. I will grab a book (or our iPad), turn on the water and sit on the edge of the tub while the warm water runs over my toes. It relaxes me after a long day.
6. I am pretty long-winded. If you look at Kellie's "Fun Facts." You will see that she is very concise and to the point. I don't have any fun facts like that - or at least, I don't have the ability to express them like that. Pretty much I just like to talk. Or write, as the case may be. (I'll try to be less wordy.)
7. I love old school TV shows like Remington Steele, Quincy, Murder She Wrote, The New Adventures of Superman, Star Trek, etc...
8. I don't watch PG-13 movies. (And haven't for almost 8 years now.)
9. I like people to like me. I feel like I am a fairly likeable person, in general, and it really gets to me if someone doesn't like me. I've learned that you can't win them all - and I definitely don't try to change myself for other people... but it still gets to me sometimes.
10. I enjoy speaking in front of large groups of people. Church talks, teaching Sunday School, teaching school-school, lecturing at conferences - it's a thrill. (But don't ask me to confront someone one-on-one! That scares me to death.)
11. I love to read. Like, LOVE to read. But I've been in a bit of a book-bind lately. I can't find anything that I love. (I did just finish Seeking Persephone which was cute, and I just started The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson which I am really excited for. However, I would LOVE any suggestions you might have. Please send any good book recommendations my way!)
Kellie's Questions:1. Who is your favorite Kardashin? Ummm... I don't even know who the Kardashins are. Except, didn't one of them get married for like 30 hours or something. After spending like 2 million dollars on the wedding? Yeah... that one is not my favorite.
2. Twitter or facebook? Facebook. Definitely.
3. Favorite place to eat out? Right now - probably Costa Vida or Zupas. Or Chilis.
4. What did you do today? Taught Interior Design 2, Early Childhood, Financial Literacy, and Child Care 2. And ate Beef Stroganoff for lunch. Yum!
5. What is the last movie you saw in theater? Did you like it? I don't watch movies in the theater very often. (Goes along with the whole no PG-13 thing.) I think it was... Rio? And yes, I enjoyed it. Although- I didn't LOVE it.
6. You just had a baby! What did you name your baby girl? Wow, this one hits a little close to home. For these purposes, I would probably name her Oaklyn or Adaley or Payson. But I don't know if I would ACTUALLY name her those things in real life.
7. Who was the last person you called on the phone? I set up a consultation for Red Ladder Design.
8. Where do you want to live when you grow up? Draper. Its classy, and close to family and Davids job.
9. What is your favorite piece of clothing? why? Today it's my Belly Band. My pants won't button anymore and I'm too cheap to buy maternity pants until I absolutely have to.
10. How many children do you want to have? 5 (ish)
11. One place you want to go before you die? I want to go on an Architectural Tour. I don't mind if it is around America or Europe - but I do love me some good ole architecture. (That sounds nerdy, but hey ... I'm pretty nerdy.
This was actually pretty fun - however, I'm going to be a loser and not tag anyone. I would LOVE if you would do it.
p.s. I just discovered Nutella. Please someone tell me that it's good for me, because I just might be in love!
4 comments:
I sure wish I loved talking in front of large groups. I get so nervous I am pretty sure I will faint someday :) As for books I just finished the last book of the Eragon series...have you read them? If not..YOU SHOULD! Also, another great series is Rangers Apprentice.
The Nutella commercials seem to think it's a healthy snack to feed your kids. I don't know if that's true or not, but it doesn't change the fact that it's delicious. :) Also, I'm an incredibly wordy person as well.
I LOVE Zupas too! Almost every time we go to visit family in Draper I HAVE to make a Zupas run. Wish we had one in Idaho...
Oooh! I loved reading these little fun facts about you. I feel like I use the word love in nearly every single post. But I suppose I just love your blog. :)
Post a Comment