If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, May 4, 2012

April Showers

Before baby girl comes, there are several posts that I would like to get up here on the blog. Because I know as soon as she gets here, life will be all about her! This is one of those posts.


You've all heard the phrase "April showers bring May flowers", right? Well in this case, April showers bring May babies! Specifically my May Baby. 

(Also, as a side note - whenever I hear that phrase I always finish it in my head with the following phrase "And what do Mayflowers bring? Pilgrims!" Because i'm like a 5 year old and I think that is really funny.)

I was lucky enough to have two Baby showers thrown for me. The first was thrown by a dear friend from high school, Rebekah Armstrong Ackerman. I am so grateful for her and her willingness to host this shower for me! Here are some photos from the big event:

The layout.

Darling decor. Yellow and grey are my favorites right now.




A game where they guessed how big around I was. The closest person got a prize!
 

 
I am overwhelmed at how generous people were. Both baby girl and I are surrounded by people that love us. There are tons of pictures of my opening presents - but suffice it to say, we are grateful for the many many gifts that were given.
I'm a loser and didn't get ANY pictures of the whole group, but I did snag this as Hayli was leaving.
Sweet Bekah - who threw the shower for me. Such a great friend!
     The second shower was thrown by two of my sister-in-laws. Again, I was overwhelmed with the love and support that was shown to David and I (and our little girl).

Cute, cute candy game.
The spread.

Aunt Kim, Jessica, Sarah, and Grandma Walker
Michelle Flint, Sarah Newbold, and my almost-sister-in-law Kaylee.

I wish we would have thought to take pictures before Kaylee and my Mom left. But here I am with my mother-in-law, Sue, and wonderful sister-in-law's Amy and Wendy.
David was the designated "babysitter" of the day, although I asked him to come and help me open all of the gifts that we received. Aubrey and Jacob loved hanging out with their Uncle David. (He is going to be such a good dad.)
The cutest story from this shower - Jacob had been asking his mom, Wendy, all morning if he could come to the shower. She explained that it wasn't for kids and that he would be playing in the basement with David. He was so, so sad - but she didn't think much of it. About half-way through the shower, my mother-in-law went downstairs for something and Jacob came up to her to ask her a question. In his sweet 5-year old innocence, he asked: "Is Shantel's baby here yet?" The sweet little boy thought that the party was to welcome our baby into the world... quite literally! He was so sad that he wouldn't be able to be there to meet her at her party. We got quite the laugh out of it -but i'll be honest, i'm glad that this little girl decided to wait for a little longer to make her entrance into the world. 

The last "April Shower" is not actually mine - rather, I threw a Bridal Shower for my "almost" sister-in-law Kaylee. We had it at our apartment, and I think that it turned out really well! We are so excited for Jeff and Kaylee, and can't wait to have her in the family. 

The party invitation. Click on it to make it bigger. It was SO fun and full of things unique to them... like the fact that they went rollerblading on their first date. I loved designing it.
Getting things ready.
I decorated with these giant black and white photos from "Lehi Pioneer Party & Copy" - they were SUPER cheap and I loved them. We are definitely getting some of these giant pictures as soon as we get new photos taken of our little girl.
 


Aren't their pictures darling?


Playing a "getting to know the bride and groom" game.
You have to have pictures of the food, right?


Jeff and Kaylee
Picture of the big group.

Opening Presents

I wish I would have gotten a picture like this of my Baby Showers. But here is the whole group. (Don't mind the red faces, it was a little hot in our apartment - due to the swamp cooler not being turned on yet.)

There you have it! A picture-overload... maybe. But some pretty awesome April Showers!

1 comment:

Kellie and Nick Fawcett said...

I am so glad you posted pictures on here from your showers. I am sad I missed them!