If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lydia: 1-2 Months

Lydia's second month was just as wonderful as her first. We stuck around the house significantly more than we did during her first month. This might seem counter-intuitive, but with so many things going on I feel like the first month we were always go-go-go. The second month we tended to stay home and love on each other all day.

Some things that I want to remember about Month 1-2:

--At her two month appointment she weighed 10 lbs 13 oz and was 21 inches long. She is a great eater, and it really shows! Her face has filled out a lot and she has a darling little belly that is starting to poke out. Her legs are starting to fill out as well, she has one little roll in her legs and it's the sweetest thing.

--Lydias first smile. Oh my goodness - it was melt your heart beautiful. I'd never seen anything so amazing. Every time she smiles, I get a glimse of what life is going to be like with her at two years, ten years, and twenty years. She is such a happy personality and I know she is going to have a great love of life.
Although she smiles a lot, her smile is elusive. I have yet to catch a really good smile on the camera. 
--We finally were able to get her in her swing. Prior to this time, she would cry if we set her down in it. We celebrated the first time that she laid contently in the swing - and have been celebrating ever since. It is so nice to be able to have her in the kitchen area with me, while still allowing me to be able to get things done (like make dinner, clean up, work on Red Ladder things, etc...)


--She found her hands. It was amazing to see her figuring out how to move her hands to her mouth so she could suck on them. Her movements became much less jerky (not exactly smooth, but less jerky).

--Tummy time has been quite the obstacle. She really, really, really hates it. And I'm such a wimp that I give in after just a couple of minutes - every time. It just breaks my heart to see her facedown crying. I've tried all sorts of things: propping her up on her elbows, using the boppy pillow, being on the floor, being on the couch. It's no good. She just really doesn't like it. I feel pretty okay about it, because she has a really strong neck and sits up ALL the time (when we are holding her). It's just the laying down thing that she doesn't like.

--David had a training for work in Chicago, so he left us for a week to go out and work.  We missed him a lot, but we were comforted that at least he was eating well!


--Almost exactly two months from when she was born (July 1st) - Lydia was blessed. These are pictures that I want to remember from that day. Read about the blessing HERE and HERE.






--Lydia started talking to us this month! It was such a wonderful thing. I love to listen to her babble and coo. I swear she would repeat the word "hi" when I would say it to her. Me: "ooooh... hi", Lydia: "ohhiii. She is amazing.



Here are some more pictures I want to remember:












Lydia is such a happy, sweet baby! We love her so much and can't believe how big she has gotten in just two months!

2 comments:

Kajsa and Fam said...

Adalyn didn't like her swing the first month either. I think for her it was scary, but she LOVED her vibrating bouncer for the first 5 months. And I wouldn't worry about her not liking tummy time (does anyone like their face being smashed into the floor?) Addie hated it too so I hardly ever did it with her. They still figure out the whole head lifting in other ways. :)

big MAK said...

She is SOO cute! Love all the pictures!