My sweet friend Cassie is getting married! I'm so happy for her. So, so, so happy for her. I posted about Cassie and Colin coming over for dinner and games a couple of months ago, and they got engaged pretty soon after that.
When David and I got married, Cass did so much. She threw me a Bridal Shower, helped with wedding preparations, even put together our entire guest sign-in book. So I knew that I wanted to return the favor by throwing her a Bridal Shower.
This is the only picture of just Cassie and I on our "Facebook: See Friendship", I know that it's not the only one of us, but even though this one is old... I just love it a lot! This is the facebook caption: "Cass and I at the Library at an extremely unreasonable time of night, just taking a quick break from studying!" Oh, the long, long hours of studying that we put in at the good ole Merrill-Cazier. (That is the library at Utah State, just in case you are wondering.) I'm pretty sure that this picture was taken one night when we were studying for our Chemistry class that we were lucky enough to have together. Our professor was Chinese and didn't speak awesome English, and so we spent a LOT of time working on the coursework for that class.
I digress, I knew that I wanted to throw a bridal shower for Cassie. We chatted about a date and I put together some invitations. I sent them out, and pretty soon the big day arrived.
After much deliberation (consisting of several chats with my friend Ashley, many discussions with David, and at least two phone calls to my mom), I decided that instead of doing a traditional "chicken salad sandwich/fruit/veggies" luncheon, I would simplify and do a Yogurt Bar. It ended up being really cute, really fun, and really easy. I would definitely do it again! Here are some pictures:
The pictures above include the Yogurt Bar, thank-you treat station, "true love" banner (that I made using directions from this website after being referred there by a lady in my new ward), and a "he-said/she-said" game. The pictures below are of the little gift that I gave to Cassie, a picture of our cute family room in all of it's bridal-shower glory, and the cute balloons on the front of our house.
Here I am, ready for the party to start. I wore this brown shirt as a tribute to Cassie. She let me borrow this shirt for my very first date with David. It was kind of a big deal, because I had two "first date" shirts that I always wore when I was going on a first date. However, when I was getting ready for our first date, neither of those shirts was working for me. Cassie was super kind and let me raid her closet and helped me come up with this shirt. Apparently the shirt worked! At the bridal shower that Cassie threw for me, she gave me that shirt as part of her gift. I love it and only wear it for very special occasions.
As we were eating, someone asked me about Red Ladder Design and how we came up with the name. I mentioned that we had wanted something really graphic (we take a red ladder along with us to our bridal fairs), that it worked with the "steps" of design, and that it was kind of a tribute to David's Ladder Theory. During his time at USU, David and his roommates came up with this whole theory of dating and called it the Ladder Theory. Pretty much anyone who went to Utah State around the same time as us has heard of it. It is complete with graphic illustration and lots and lots of details about relationships. It gives advice for what to do and what not to do. Anyway, I just kind of mentioned it but then several of the girls really wanted to hear the whole thing and so I was able to convince David to come and do an impromptu presentation of his Ladder Theory. The girls loved it! David did such a great job. I was so impressed that he was able to talk about it like it was yesterday that it was such a big part of his life. He was able to discuss the Men's Ladder and the Women's Ladder, The Jump, The Leap, The Pearl of Great Price, and the Pit of Despair without missing a beat. It was the condensed version, so he left out the glue, the elevator, and lots of other little details but the presentation was flawless! I helped out at the end by discussing the morals. I think that it was a really fun thing. In fact, if you are hosting a bridal shower anytime soon - let me know. I'll rent him out for an hourly price. He's a great guest speaker!
After the impromptu dating lesson - It was time for Cassie to open her presents. She got a lot of nice things that will hopefully help her out as she starts her new life with Colin.
I'm so glad that I was able to throw this shower, and even though it was a little stressful with just moving into a new house. It was really fun and I really am so happy for my Miss. Cassie and her soon-to-be husband Colin.



1 comment:
Oh, it all looks so great!!! I LOVE the invitation - you are amazing at what you do. Also, I really want to hear David's ladder theory now...
Post a Comment