If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Monday, August 19, 2013

3:07 in the AM

Lydia is a pretty darn good sleeper. It took her about eight months to figure it out, but once she got it... she got it. Most nights she goes down at eight and then wakes up at 7:30 the next morning. 

However, this was us at 3:07 A.M. on Saturday night/Sunday morning. 


It's our own fault for thinking that we could drive home from Morgan at 10:30 and then just move her from the car to her bed when we got home. (In our defense, we've done it countless times with no problem.) She woke up just a bit too much in the transition and was alert and ready to play. And play. And play. I tried cuddling with her/nursing her in the chair in her room. I tried bouncing her on my shoulder. Finally, we ended up downstairs where she played with her toys and I alternated between falling asleep on the couch, reading her books, and mindlessly scrolling through pinterest. 

We were both pretty tired the next day, but as I look back at this picture (that was taken and snapchatted to my mom and sister) I am grateful for such a happy baby. I'm grateful that I have her and am the one who is able to stay up with her at all hours of the night. I'm grateful for the technology that allowed me to capture that moment. I laugh as I remember her running around, pushing her popper and turning over her music block. I can still see her little grin, as if she knew that she was cheating the system and getting some bonus play time. 

Dear Lydia, I love you and I love that I am your mom. 

3 comments:

Jenna Haderlie said...

She looks so cute! Ha ha, ya should have just stayed the night!

Kellie and Nick Fawcett said...

haha she is just giving you practice for when she is a teenager and you are waiting up for her to come home.

Ashley said...

Oh my! I didn't realize when you first sent the picture that not only was she wide awake at 3:07, but she had been up for hours. Funny Lydia :) Also, I love your new header!