When we first talked about moving to our house, we discussed at length the ramifications that living by the train tracks would have on our life. However, one thing that we did not anticipate at all was how much Lydia would love watching the trains go by. Before she could even speak, she would hear the train coming and make the baby sign for train with a giant grin on her face. She can hear the train coming long before I can, and she still runs to the window to watch the train whenever she can. David rides the frontrunner into work occasionally and Lydia often calls the train "Daddy's Train."
Given how much time we have spent talking about the train and watching the train go by, it comes as a bit of a surprise that we haven't ever actually taken Lydia to ride on the train. I have a lovely friend, who always has amazing pictures on her blog and after expressing to her how much I wish that I had similar pictures of myself with my kids - she volunteered to go on an outing with us and snap some photos for me. When she suggested going on a train ride, I knew that nothing could be more perfect than documenting that with Lydia. I'm seriously in love with these photos. I love Lydia and I love Austin and I love how such sweet little snippets of our life were captured in these photos. They are a treasure to me. (Shout out to you, Ali! You are wonderful.)
Also, Lydia loves Henry. I might just want them to get married when they grow up.
Melt my heart.
Now every time the train goes by she gets super excited (even more than usual) and says "That's the train we rode on! With Henry." She occasionally adds "We rode on a train that was blue and white and red." or "And we ate nunch (lunch) on it." When she was first telling David all about the train ride she excitedly told him "And it has tables!" I think that we've learned that when a child loves something, it's so important to just jump in with them and love it with them because they may not love it as much at a later time. We have been talking about going on the train with Lydia this summer, but I'm so glad that we just went right now. It was perfect.
I love this girl as much even more than she loves trains. (Which is a lot.)


























7 comments:
LOVE these pictures!!! They are so sweet! I love that she loves trains so much, that is so cute!
These pictures really are a treasure. What a fun memory to share every time the train passed by! I love trains and I love frontrunner. If I lived that close I would go for lots of rides!
Stop it!! These pictures are so cute! I love them! It looks like you guys had fun.
This is sweet. I love you guys! Maybe we can ride the train sometime together? Tell Lydia I love her and that I want to go on a train ride with her!
How completely perfect. These pictures are incredible. They are so beautiful and capture you as a mother so perfectly. Love them!
(And randomly enough, before reading this I was thinking I wanted to take the kids for a ride on the train.)
I'm so happy you love these. We had the best time with you guys!
She is so adorable!!! I love all of these pictures!!!
Post a Comment