If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Today...

Today...

-I started working on some wedding announcement designs for a new RLD client and got the finished announcements for a different client packaged up and ready to mail. I haven't done a lot of Red Ladder stuff lately, and it's nice to be doing a little bit of it again.

-It took me over 2.5 hours to sweep my kitchen floor. Between Austin only taking one half-hour nap this morning and Lydia running through the kitchen (and then when I asked her not to run in the kitchen because she was getting crumbs on her feet- taking off her pajamas and holding them around her feet and hopping through the kitchen) it honestly took me that long. However, the floor has now been swept, the table wiped down, and the area around the garbage can deep cleaned.

-We ate our lunch on a blanket in the backyard. It was a beautiful day for a picnic and when Lydia asked - I couldn't say no! (Plus, remember the recently swept kitchen? Win-win.) It felt like May - I can't believe it's February. Austin loved laying on the blanket, and Lydia and I ate our hot dogs and clementines while basking in the sun.

-I hadn't gotten Lydia or I ready for the day other than putting on clothes and haphazardly pulling our hair back(again, remember the marathon kitchen sweeping?) - but when we heard our friends out in the front yard we went out to play, disregarding my reservations about the way we looked. We had a nice time and would have missed out if we hadn't gone.

-I got two packages in the mail today, one of which was a set of puzzles to give Lydia for Valentine's day. (We are just using the holiday as an excuse because she needs more puzzles.) I love getting packages in the mail.

-David has to work late tonight - but that pain is slightly lessened by our standing Wednesday night dinner date with the Coopers. It's hard to have daddies that have to work late - but it's nice to have friends to spend that time with instead. (The 5-7 hours are difficult and pushing through them together is a sanity saver - even if it is only once a week.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Flint has been gone extra late several nights lately so I totally sympathize with your Wednesday night. Single parenting at night is hard! But that is so great that you grt together with friends!

Ashley said...

I like this post. And I love spending some of those father-less hours with you!

Kajsa and Fam said...

Love this weather too! Although I am a little nervous that it is going to create a really dry summer... I guess we will see I am no expert so we will enjoy while we can. :) Great idea to have dinner with friends. I hate having daddy gone in the evenings too. You guys are troopers!