Happy Birthday to our little Austin-man.
(Not an Austin-baby anymore, although convincing Lydia of that may prove to be more difficult that previously thought.)
We celebrated with a mix of casual-family-party and pinterest-inspired-cake-and-one-year-video. Obviously this cake is not a pinterest-cake. But I feel like we found a good middle-ground with a fun ball-themed cake (because that's what he loves), a video/dvd of pictures and video from his first year (because I love to have them even if it is a ton of work), and then letting absolutely everything else go in order to just enjoy the party with our family and especially with the birthday boy himself.
He liked his cake but was rather dismayed when we took all of the balls off of it. He played around in the frosting though, and quite enjoyed the feeling of squishing the cake in his fingers.
Lydia and Elsie appreciated that he left so much cake for them to finish off.
He actually got the opening the presents thing. He was spoiled and loves all of the balls and books and toys (and I love all of the cute clothes).
He even ended the party by convincing Grandpa Peaden to share some of his ice cream with him.
It was a good birthday party and we again feel overwhelmed by how wonderful our families are. Not just because of all the thoughtful gifts, but because we have so many people that love and support us and our children. Sometimes it's easy to take that for granted, but when I think about it I am overcome with gratitude for this wonderful life we live.
(Also note that the Coopers have officially been adopted into the family. No "family and friends" when writing this post. We love them and are so glad to have them in our life.)





















No comments:
Post a Comment