If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Lists.

I have several pretty heavy blog posts that I've thought about writing about some difficult things in our lives or maybe about some current social issues. There is so much heartache in the world right now and it really weighs me down. However, I'm not up to a blog post like that today. So, although I feel a little insensitive blogging about non-consequential things, I realize that this is my blog and I should be able to blog about what I want. So here is a happy and lighthearted post for a Tuesday morning.

I like making lists. In fact, at any given point I have multiple lists for different things sitting around the house. I thought it would be fun to type up some of the lists that we have around here, as well as make a few other lists of things I wanted to blog/record but don't have a better way to do that.

Lydia's Christmas List
bunk bed
hula hoop
two sleds
a baby girl (not a doll)
banana bread
big "Mater" car
paint
bag of ring pops
basket for carrying thigns

My Christmas List for Lydia
hula hoop
dress ups
hats for imaginative play
snow sleds
fire engine with tiny cars

My Grocery Shopping List
kid toothpaste      
real toothpaste (you know things are desperate when you've been using the travel size toothpaste for a week)
eggs
yogurt - Lydia's request
raisins - Lydia's request
sanity (can you buy this?)

Things Lydia says every single day
Yay-hoo! (when she'd excited)
What's for dinner tonight? (usually asked right after breakfast)
What are we having for dinner tomorrow? (usually asked right after the question above)
Her favorite descriptors:"kinda" and "-ish". (ex. "What color is it?" "kinda green-ish?"

Shows that I want Lydia to watch on Netflix
Daniel Tiger
Super Why
Leapfrog
Tinkerbell Movies

Shows Lydia actually watches on Netflix
Sophia the First
Jake and the Neverland Pirates
Mickey Mouse Road Ralley
Room on a Broom (except the Dragon gave her nightmares, so yeah- no more of that.)
Tinkerbell Movies

From our Calendar for the next six weeks:
11 birthdays
2 Thanksgivings
2 Christmas Parties
1 Bridal Shower
1 80th Birthday Party
1 Wedding
4 Trips to Wyoming
Christmas Eve/Morning in Morgan
Christmas Afternoon/Evening in West Jordan
10 (PTO) Days off for David
(this is not everything, but I thought that it was getting a bit excessive)

Things I want to buy David for Christmas that fit into my budget:
----

Ways Austin tries to get my attention: 
Yelling
Patting my Leg
Pointing and grunting
Bringing me cans from the pantry

A list of other Lists I have sitting around the house:
Items from Austin's 14 month post
Christmas lists for David, Austin, Lydia and I
A secret David Christmas list
A list of things that I want, but don't really want for Christmas (like a new mop)
A Master Christmas Plan for all of our Christmas/Birthday budgets, gift ideas, and gifts purchased.
Red Ladder Design things I need to do
Phone calls to make
Housekeeping tasks that have been ignored too long and have to get done
Groceries needed
Meals planned for the next week
Blog ideas

So, those are some of the lists we have around here right now. I'm a paper-list keeper, most of which I keep in my paper planner. What kinds of lists do you have around your house?

5 comments:

Kellie and Nick Fawcett said...

You should see my phone... its full of lists!! Nick and I both like to make them. I have To do lists, Christmas lists, places we have ate and we liked and places we want to try, etc.

Ashley said...

I love this post! I love Lydia's Christmas list so much. If you find some sanity at the store, will you pick up a bit for me? I know that David is working really long hours right now, but I'm still jealous of his 10 paid days off in the next couple of months! You have lots of excitement going on in the next several weeks!!! The ways that Austin gets your attention made me laugh really hard.

Ashley said...

Oh, and I love that Lydia uses -ish. Like a lot.

janette said...

If you find a store where I can buy some sanity too, let me know! ;)
I LOVE lists and I love seeing what types of lists other people write.

Unknown said...

What a fun post to remember the little day to day stuff! I love lists also!