If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Adventure to the Ferris Wheel

A company near where we live had a grand opening of their building and was giving free ferris wheel rides so even though Caleb is SO little (one week!), we decided to go. It was super fun, we drove over, basically walked on to the ferris wheel, took some pictures, then headed home. It was super fast, but exactly what this new little family of five needed.



It was really neat to so the area that we live in from so far up. It's crazy how much it's grown in the 4 years that we've lived here. SO many more building, homes, and roads. But still a whole lot of open areas that are going to fill up in the next ten years.

A few ladies asked how old my baby was and I was really awkward about it. I feel like there is this overarching expectation for moms to bounce back after having a baby and to start doing too much, but I also feel like if you dare leave your house before 3 weeks everyone is all "I can't believe you're outside. What are you doing?" But I feel like, "I haven't been doing anything else, I just needed a little bit of sunshine!" It's weird. *sigh* maybe I'm just weird. In all honesty, I've been feeling really good. I feel like I've always recovered really well and pretty quickly after birth and I'm grateful for that. Plus, a trip to the ferris wheel in the sunshine was the perfect thing for me today! I sure do love this little family of mine. 

No comments: