If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday Five

Some highlights of this week: 

1- The weather was warm, so one afternoon while we were out running errands I took the kids to the park. Caleb had fallen asleep in his carseat so I pulled up and parallel parked next to Bandwagon Park and let the kids get out and play. I sat in the open area of the van with the door open and my legs out in the sun while the kids played and I finished writing all my Thank You notes to the many people who generously brought us dinner/gifts after Caleb was born. Caleb slept soundly the whole time and it was wonderful! The sun was SO nice, the kids played so well, and I felt like I accomplished a huge task without ignoring my kids or letting them watch TV while I did it. I'm so excited for summer! 


2- Cal was out of town this week, and one of the days Sue came down to visit and stay with us. The kids loved having her, and Lydia was SO excited when she asked if grandma was staying overnight and the answer was yes. Sue made us a delicious dinner and held Caleb while I put the kids to bed (so helpful!). And she brought a darling outfit for caleb and four packages of diapers. She's amazing. I'm grateful for such a wonderful mother-in-law. We've been surrounded by love and support ever since Caleb was born and it's such a blessing to have such a great net of support. I'm feeling so blessed. (And again, can I say how much I love my mother in law? She's an angel.) 

3. Our good friend, Carson, fell off the playground at school and broke his arm. Lydia wrote him a card and begged to put a treat inside and we left it on their porch. Lydia's been writing cards for lots of her friends lately. She loves cards and envelopes, and she's been doing so good at writing the notes all by herself! She asks me how to spell the things and then writes each letter out. She knows how to write them all, but sometimes she says "S? Is that the slithery snake?" or "T? Is that like an I but with only the line on top not on the bottom?" etc... She knows, but it's cute to hear her ask and to glimpse how her brain is working. 


4. My Dad stopped by on the way home from the research station in Ephraim one day. He brought a big truck and trailer and the kids loved playing on it. Almost as much as they loved the ding-bumps that he gave them. They sure love this guy. (And so do I. I love when he stops as he's passing by.) 

5. My sweetest sister Jenna had Lydia and Austin stay for a sleepover last weekend. I dropped the kids off on Saturday and then we picked them up Sunday evening. They had such a fun time, and it was SO nice to be able to sleep in on Sunday morning. (I pulled Caleb into our bed to nurse him and all three of us slept until almost nine o'clock. It was heavenly.)


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hooray for parks and for warm, sunny weather!

Thank you so much for the card - that was so sweet of you and Lydia. And how fun to hear how she's processing the letters!