If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Monday, April 3, 2017

March Madness

You know, having a baby right during the middle of busy season may not be the best time of the year considering how, well, busy David is at work. But, one can't complain about taking a week off during March Madness to hold a brand new baby and watch basketball! It will be surprising if Caleb doesn't end up liking basketball as much as his daddy, considering that the first several weeks of his life was spent cheering on our respective teams. 

We have a tradition of all picking our own brackets, even the kids. Lydia was old enough this year to listen to the team names/mascots and choosing which ones she wanted. David helped Austin pick his teams using a combination of colors, mascots, and team names as they went through and picked his bracket. 




David's winning team (Villanova) went out pretty early, but I picked Gonzaga and they made it to the Championship game! It's not often that I beat David at this bracket business, but I'm pretty proud of myself this year. (Not so proud, because I picked my bracket at 11:00 the night before they had to be finished and I was half asleep and pretty much just selecting teams at random. So any success on my part had more to do with luck than skill. But I'll take the win. 

David loves basketball. He always has. (I mean, when I met him he was regularly waiting more than 12 hours at the USU Spectrum before a home game so that he could sit on the front row of the basketball game.) He enjoys watching the teams play and it's something that he just really likes. I'm incredibly grateful for him, because although watching sports is something he loves and is really important to him, he never ever makes us feel like it's more important than us. We always come first. Sometimes that means that he turns on a game to watch in the background while he's playing with the kids or helping with things around the house, sometimes that means that he watches a replay of the game at midnight after we've all gone to bed, and sometimes that means that he simply misses games that he would have liked to have watched. But I'm glad for times when we can support him in this thing that he loves and join him to watch the games together. 

Also, after watching Taco Bell's commercial for their Triple-Double Crunchwrap Supreme fifty-eight times, we finally caved and picked one up one night. SO good! #advertisingreallyworks

So... March Madness has been good to us this year. We're already counting down the days until next year! (Not really - but it is a highlight of our Spring. :) ) 

No comments: