If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Fall Date Nights

Shantel and I love being together, here are some highlights from our fall date nights.

P.S. We do a babysitting swap with some friends, so we watch 1 night, then get two dates and it is so nice. Plus we have some great family who watch our kids for weekend dates or late night plays and I am so grateful for them.

As I mentioned for Shantel's birthday post, Jenna and Kevin were kind enough to watch the kids on Shantel's birthday weekend, which meant we had a Friday and Saturday to celebrate together.

On Friday, we went to the Provo City Center Temple. We had such a great experience. Since we had so much time we did an endowment session and then also went and did sealings and it was so nice and we loved the time in the temple together.


After we went to a restaurant in Provo called Good Moves. It is a restaurant, but they have thousands of games you can choose from and you can eat and play games. We picked a couple of games that we like, but that they had two person versions of to play. We played Code Names Duet and Seven Wonders Dual. They were both fun and it was great to relax and eat and play games.

On Saturday we went to a little hike and cave (Ledgemere Cave), I think in Little Cottonwood Canyon. 



We brought our books and some candy, so after we went to the cave we found a cozy spot by the river to read books and eat treats.





Then we went to Liberty Park in Salt Lake and did pedal boating in the lake. It was super fun and we visited the ducks. My favorite part was that I was just dying from pedaling. I finally took a break, but Shantel kept going and she was like, "this is really hard." I was like, "but it has been hard the whole time." We realized that the way the pedal boat worked, when I was pedaling, it was not really taking much for her to do it until I stopped. So funny.



On our way to get the kids we stopped at Chick-Fil-a and had an amazing meal. Of course the food was good because we love Chick-Fil-a, but we got so much free stuff. We had free things in our app, plus it was Shantel's birthday and she had a monthly card that got free stuff. As you can see, we got a sandwich, two things of chicken nuggets, waffle fries, a drink, and a frosted strawberry lemonade for $2.25. It was awesome.

We also had a couple of Hale Center Theater plays. First was Anything Goes, which was a huge disappointment and then The Scarlet Pimpernel at the new Theater in Sandy which was amazing.



Shantel gave me a date every month this year and our November date was in home mini golf. It was so much fun. I really loved it. We each created 3 courses. It was a tight match throughout and it came down to the final whole. It started upstairs and you had to go down the stairs. As you turned the stairs there was a bucket you could make it into, but if you missed the bucket you had to go all the way down the stairs and underneath the stairs. Shantel just missed the shortcut whole and I ended up making it for the win. Thank you for these dates this year Shantel, I have loved them.

Another one of the dates from the present last year was a Food Network Inspired Fancy Dinner. We found a Youtube video to make a fancy dinner. We decided on "Garlic & Rosemary Chicken with Confit Butter Tomato Sauce and Gnocchi. It was so good. It was also very different from what we normally which made it really fun. The chicken was so good. We had never tried Gnocchi and that was good too. Pro tip- Gnocchi is fully cooked when it rises in the water. Here are a few photos.






Not pictured- but in December we did a puzzle and watched a hallmark movie which was perfect. Honestly, any date with Shantel fills up my cup and makes me so happy. Even just driving in the car and talking to her. So glad to have had such great dates this fall. 

No comments: