One of my goals for this year was to make sure to prepare more meaningful family home evenings. I knew in order to do this I would need to plan out some things beforehand and take the time to get things ready so that I could really make it meaningful for the kids. I planned out about 3-4 topics that I really wanted to do a deep dive on during FHE. First up was the plan of salvation. Over 3 weeks we learned about, where we come from, why we are here and where we go after this life. I cut up a big cardboard box and drew a picture of the pre-earth life, earth and then the spirit world and different kingdoms. It was a huge hit. The kids loved having the visuals and we did some fun games with it. Each we moved further along in the path and the kids loved following it along. I felt really happy about it. (Note from after: It has been amazing how much the kids have remembered from these lessons, even months later they continue to refer back to this).
I am grateful for the plan of salvation. I am know that families can be together forever. I want to live my life and teach my family in a way that allows us to be together always. I know it is through the Savior that it is possible.




No comments:
Post a Comment