If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

insta-January

insta-january
Social media is a funny thing. I love that I can capture little moments and write down brief thoughts in a meaningful way that is hard to fully do with blogging. (We are usually blogging about something much after the fact so sometimes it tends to be more "We went to the park and had fun" instead of an instagram post that might be composed in the front seat of the car right after getting home from the park when I'm still full of memories of my kids laughing and the sun shining on our faces. Instagram is wonderful for catching those feelings of laughter and sunshine. I love coming back and reading the captions and looking at the pictures. But life isn't always laughter and sunshine, and although I try to keep my Social Media authentic, I don't often post the mundane, frustrating, or difficult things. This month had a lot of wonderful things. But it also had a lot of really hard things. There were many times through the month that I felt overwhelmed, exhausted, and hurt by the unkind words of others. But there was SO much goodness and I don't want to miss out on recording those moments. I don't really have a point to this, other than recording my thoughts about how much I truly love capturing the small things - but also realizing that there are hard things in life. Things that hurt your heart and make you cry yourself to sleep because you just don't know how to fix them.

Life is a balance. but the one thing that brings me more joy than anything else is this family of mine. Every ounce of love and joy that is recorded throughout my social media is sincere and truly felt. I'm grateful for the goodness that I am surrounded by every day, most especially the four people I get to call mine.




{1.1.19}
We are ready for you 2019! 🎉 There are some big changes coming our way, and I hope for an increase in love and peace as well. I'm excited for the goodness that next year will bring to us. Wishing you all the happiest of New Year's.
{1.13.19}
David had to go on a work trip last week, and these kids missed him so much. Whenever he has to go anywhere (i.e. to work in the morning) they always crowd around him for hugs and kisses and usually try to block his way through the door. Then they run to the window to wave goodbye. Having him leave for Minnesota was even more difficult. We sure are glad to have him back, safe and warm. ❄️♥️



{1.13.19}

How we do bed when David isn't here: one in my bed one on the floor (usually on a spare mattress). Otherwise I don't sleep, like, at all. 💤 So happy to have David back, even if it was only a few days this time. But I just have to document these cute sleeping kids. #calebstayedinhiscrib#giantstuffedanimals#sleepoverwithmom


{1.17.19}
How long has it been since I've posted a picture of this handsome baby? (For some reason as soon as my babies start growing out of the baby stage I feel compelled to call them baby even more than I did before.) Too long, I say. 😍 Also, everyone is hating on January but my goal for this year is Hygge and even though it's kind of a joke it's also really amazing. #januarylove Today we snuggled under blankets, set up a warm heater in our homeschool room, and watched the rain while drinking hot chocolate and reading poetry (then a book about outer space) at the table. It was the best January day, ever. But, lest this be the most deceiving post of all Instagram, I've felt pretty sick again this week and had a really hard time with several things, leading me to cry myself to sleep multiple nights this week. Thank goodness for my kind husband, and for the mantra "go to sleep, I'll feel better in the morning" which is usually mostly true. -So, life isn't perfect. But I still like January, and this baby is so cute. The end.



{1.18.19}
@tinyartshow in Provo this morning for our Field Trip. 😍 Cute! The kids made their own tiny art exhibit afterwards and we are going to hang them up tomorrow. .
.
Thanks for all the well wishes and concern after my last post. I'm feeling better this weekend and will be just fine. Only 3 weeks and we find out if this is a baby brother or sister!


{1.25.19}
When the Kirby salesperson comes to the door and makes you want to buy an $1,800 vacuum and instead you call your mom and ask if you can borrow THEIR (18 year old 😲) Kirby... and you proceed to clean your entire house. (With the help of your kids who may have wanted the new vacuum even more than you.) I may not be Marie-Kondoing my house right now, but we sure are Kirby-ing it. 🏠


{1.25.19}

Lydia composed her very first piano song, with lyrics, this week. She was so excited and asked if we could write it down like real music. Uh, yes! So simple, but so genuine and it makes me so grateful I get to spend my days with her. "Lydia is the best girl in the world, her mom loves her (so much), when her cousin's come to sleep - it's - fun." So proud of this big girl. 🎹😍


{1.26.19}
Having our own sledding hill in the backyard is the best thing about our house. I love being able to send my kids out to play in the snow on their own and they love going down the hill a hundred times. It's even better when Uncle Jake comes to play with them. #cousinsmakethebestfriends#sodouncles

No comments: