My Grandma Knowles is always so thoughtful and on top of things. She sends cards to all her grandkids (and great grandkids) on their birthdays, anniversaries, and other holidays. Last Mother's Day, she sent me a lovely little book about motherhood. (I'm so grateful for her thoughtfulness and want to be more thoughtful like her.) The other day I opened up the drawer in my tech center and I saw this. The irony was not lost on me. A beautiful book about "Keeping it Real" right in the middle of my "put this here until I decide what to do with it" drawer. That, my friends, is what real looks like around here.
I spend hours doing dishes and laundry and always trying to help my house look nice but I value even more the time spent with my family and I don't stress too much about perfection. My house won't ever be dust-free, minimalist (which is the trend right now), or perfectly kept - but I hope that my family always feels comfortable, safe, and loved within our faith-filled walls.
No comments:
Post a Comment