If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Homeschool Adventures

We did several really fun Field Trips this month and I thought that I'd record a little about them. 


Bald Eagle Day

I found out that there was an official Bald Eagle Day at the Farmington Bay research center so we spent some time learning about Bald Eagles through our homeschool and then went to explore. We watched a really neat presentation, walked around the wetland area, did some Bald Eagle Crafts and saw some live birds. We didn't actually see any wild Bald Eagles- which was a little disappointing, but I didn't come prepared with binoculars or anything (and even if I had - I don't think the kids would have been able to see anyway). But it was still a successful field trip! 




Utah State Capitol Building
I wrote about this in a separate blog post, but this month we've been doing a Utah Unit Study and learning all about our state, it's symbols, and other fun things. We went to the capitol building with my family and looked for all of the symbols that we'd been studying about. It was a fun trip and I have just really enjoyed this study with Lydia.  


No comments: