This week was UTA's free fare day, so the kids and I decided to go on a little adventure and ride the train the SLC and back. David was working at a client so we couldn't visit him at his Salt Lake Office, but we had a nice time riding the train and exploring temple square!
I thought that all of the kids would love it, but unfortunately, as soon as we started moving Caleb started crying - loud. I thought he'd calm down a little after he got used to it - but he stayed snuggled against my chest the entire time and each time the train stopped at a station and then started moving again he'd start whimpering. It wasn't exactly what I had pictured the train ride would be, but Lydia and Austin did great. Lydia pulled out several readers and read them to us and they both loved looking out the window - and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy the extra snuggles with my Caleb.
We made it to Salt Lake and took Trax to Temple Square. We walked around the temple and spent a decent amount of time in the visitors center.
Then it was time to head back to the frontrunner so we could be sure not to miss our connection!
I thought that Caleb would be happier on the train ride home, but he wasn't. He cried and snuggled me and eventually fell asleep. The kids ate some granola bars, read some more books, looked out the window and enjoyed the ride!
It's really fun to have the Frontrunner in our backyard, and although we don't use it very often we had a great time fieldtripping on the train. This is one of the reasons that I love Homeschool - we have the flexibility to do these fun things (even though it's not directly related to a unit study). We spend time together as a family, we adventure, we explore, we read, we observe, we learn. And we do it together.
It's a really good life.














No comments:
Post a Comment