Sometime in February my mom got really sick. Before Christmas she was in the hospital and was having trouble eating. Since then she has not been able to eat well and was losing a lot of weight. They made the decision to insert a feeding tube into her stomach to give her the nutrition she needs to hopefully improve her weight and strength over time, but before they could get it inserted she got too sick and had to be admitted to the hospital.
She was really weak and it was...I was worried about her. I am so grateful for her and love her so much. One of my co-workers recently lost his mom and she was only about 5 years older than my mom. My mom for a long time now has been getting pneumonia almost monthly. It is something that we have got used to, and somewhat taken for granted.
I am grateful for my job. Especially this year- my schedule worked out and I was able to spend a lot of time visiting my mom in the hospital. She was in the hospital a week or week and a half and I was able to go and visit on lunch breaks or in the evening and help her. I brought pictures from the kids, a few little presents and love.
She has been slowly recovering, but even now, in mid-may we were impressed on Mother's day when she could sit out in the family room for 3 or so hours instead of for a little longer than 30 minutes or so. She mostly is in bed all day. I hope that she can continue to get stronger. I am grateful for the time I have with her. I also understand that her health is not the best, and that both of my parents are getting older and may not be around for a long time. I hope to enjoy the time we have with them, and also have such gratitude for the plan of salvation that will allow us to be together again.
Here is a picture from a few weeks ago with her sitting in the chair while Shantel works on our baby's blanket.

No comments:
Post a Comment