If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

July - Cramming a lot in one post

We had a fantastic July- with plenty of highlights. Here are some (most) of them.

Visit from the Rencher family to see baby Lucy. We love so much when they come over. 

Austin helping to work on making smoothies! Austin loves the smoothie packets that we make (strawberries, bananas and vanilla yogurt). He has gotten really good and making them too. He'll come down in the morning and get a smoothie packet, get out the blender and even get ice. Then help put it in and mix it together.

Picture is sideways- but Austin has been loving the game Sleeping Queens. We got it for Lydia for her birthday and she likes it too. Austin would play it all day long. It has been fun to see him figure it out and now he can even teach others to play.

Cuddling with Lucy.

We have been prepping the basement to finish it and also getting ready for homeschool and did a little bit of rearranging. We ended up making a new "book nook" in the family room and it is super fun and the kids are liking it.

Playing with Caleb.


Austin giving a talk at church. 

One Sunday Lydia decided she wanted to make a book and I helped her. She typed the whole thing and I helped her find some pictures. It was the Holy Ghost and it was really amazing to see her putting it together.


Lydia cuddling with Lucy. 

This was a surprise Father's Day present for me. Shantel took all of our Logan/Utah State stuff and made a "Logan wall" and I love it. I had know idea about it and then walked in one day with this amazing wall. 

I had a date with Austin. We went to the Library and read books and then went to the car wash. Austin loves the car wash and wishes he could go every day. I let him scan the car was ticket at the entrance and then he rode up front with me.




We had a reunion/hang out night with some of Shantel's really good friends from college (and my friends too since we met while they were all roommates.) It was been a long time since we've had this group together. We met the Hayli Dickey's house and had a BBQ and chatted while the kids played. It is so much fun to see our families grow. In truth, I am so grateful for these good friends. They played such a significant role for Shantel at college and I am so glad she found amazing friends. We loved seeing them.

The Pineview roomates (From left to right: Shantel, Hayli Dickey, Mandy Olsen (Lee), Cassie Delahunty (Maughn).

Here is everyone including spouses. (Except Mandy who was visiting from out of state).

 Group photo with all the kids. 

 Lounging and watching a show together.

One night Lydia and I snuck outside around 7 pm and instead of getting ready for bed, we just read books on the swing for an hour. It was so so nice. I loved it.

Home Depot Saturday morning projects. They had tow truck kits that the kids got to build.


Lucy hanging out in Lydia's toy crib. 

Hard to see what this is- but it is actually of picture of Lydia at the Pioneer Day Float preview. I loved this and will probably make us go every year. They have all of the Pioneer Day floats at the South Towne Expo Center and you can go around and look at them. They had scavenger hunts and other fun things. Trying to go downtown for the parade does not sound awesome, but being able to go see the floats and get a taste of the pioneer feeling was perfect.

Caleb with a lot of love for Lucy. You can see the picture below of Caleb climbing over Lucy and Shantel coming in to rescue her. This is a common occurrence.




Caleb and is line of cars.

Lucy and I hanging out again. 

This is from the Lehi Library Gala. The kids and Shantel had fun with games and activities and face painting.





Cute matching sisters. Every cute baby outfit we see, we try to see if there is a matching one for Lydia. 


This is so funny. Lydia has a little tiny puppy toy named "Barks." She took Barks to New York and was devastated when she got lost on the way home a year ago. Finally almost a year later I found another one and bought it for her. Shortly after that, the original Barks showed back up and she had two. Barks birthday (per the tag) is in July and Shantel was so excited to celebrate it. We ended up throwing a party as big as any birthday we have ever done. Lydia invited over friends (who also brought stuffies). There were presents for Barks and we did cupcakes and Barks blew out candles. Then we also made puppets out of paper sacks. Honestly, this is one of my proudest Dad moments. I could have not let her do so much to celebrate and have fun, but instead I encouraged her to have fun and did a few little things to make the party everything she wanted it to be. I felt happy to see how happy she was. 




Caleb enjoying summer and spraying water. Lydia and Austin are out of sight as they try to escape him.

Date night with Lydia. I took her to the bees game. We had two for $2 tacos. Plus she got some cotton candy. We had a great time watching the game and staying out late together. 


AUSTIN! Austin learned to ride a bike. I was at work, but Shantel said one day he asked if he could learn to ride. He got on and with a little help from Shantel, suddenly he could do it. It was a huge success for him. With difficulty with speech and keeping his underwear dry, he has had a bit of a hard time lately. A few weeks ago he mastered the fireman's pole which was a huge accomplishment and now he learned to ride a bike. Shantel and I loved so much seeing him with some successes. We love him and are cheering him on.


Happy July. 

No comments: