If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Welcome to 2020

Welcome to 2020. Shantel have been making lots of jokes about how this is the year that corrective vision treatment centers have been dreaming of forever. We expect a lot of marketing aimed at 20/20 and vision related things.

Shantel: It's true. And I'm excited for 2020. It just SOUNDS good. 

We are excited for the new year and have committed to some awesome goals this year.

In an effort to make my goals better, I chose to focus on some more number driven goals that are easily trackable. However, the goals I chose are easily trackable as far as numbers, but those numbers will lead to the self improvement that I desire.

My Goals:
Attend the Temple 15 times
Exercise 100 Times
Blog at least 1 blog every week
Plan in my planner 40 times
Finish the basement


These are my goals and I feel like they will help me focus on things that can help me improve.

In addition to those specific goals, I have the following focus areas:
Gospel Study
Prayer
Acts of Service
Considering Shantel, Lydia, Austin, Caleb, and Lucy as individuals

I am excited for these goals and truly feel like they will help my grow as an individual.


Shantel's Turn: 

I'm just barely coming out of that "I-have-a-newborn-so-only-the-basics" mode. But David inspired me with his goals and I decided to just detail out some of the things that I'm working on. Most of these are not new goals, but it felt good to write them down, push myself a tiny bit, and try to hold myself accountable. As well as holding space for some things that I like to do, but don't always make time for, like reading a book. I mapped everything out in my planner, but here are the basics: 

-Temple 25 times (twice a month, plus one)
-Weekly act of service for David (52 times)
-Write down one thing from my gospel study each week. (Thought, insight, or inspiration.)
-15 Visiting Teaching contacts
-Read 12 books, at least one a month (I love adding this one in, because I don't always make time for reading books, but it helps give me space for something that I enjoy.)
-Study Come Follow Me, weekly.
-Read the Book of Mormon entirely on my phone. 
-Memorize the Oath and Covenant
-Bed by 10:30 up by 6:30


And so, with that we look forward into the upcoming year with excitement and hope that it will be a year to make us better people, bring us closer to each other, and help us grow in faith and goodness. 

We're here for you 2020! 





No comments: