If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

insta-february

{2.5.20}
Backstory: I buy yogurt once a month and I buy a lot of it. Kids get one yogurt each for breakfast, usually eaten with Chex. Once it's gone, it's gone and we don't have yogurt until the next month. (It's the only way I've found to help give us variety and help the kids self-pace their yogurt consumption.) So, for the past several months Austin has been in charge of adding our yogurt to the Grocery Pickup order. Yesterday he added over $67 worth of yogurt to the cart.😂 Before checking out, I pared down quite a bit but left a few fun yogurts like M&M crunch yogurt and a box of gogurts. He was pleased as punch when we got home and he helped me unload the groceries. I want to remember how helpful and sweet he is at this age.

{2.15.20}
Watching Land Before Time with the kids last night. I spent more time watching Caleb than I did the movie. 😍😂 #weloveredclaw

(My favorite comment from this Instagram post was from my brother Jacob. "This brought back more memories of land before time than when I see actual clips of the land before time." Truth.)


{2.24.20}
This little snapshot is SO completely Austin right now. Dressed with his pajamas underneath his clothes (wearing Caleb's clothes because they accidentally got put away with his clothes and he dresses himself). Doing great feats of strength and acrobatics as he slides down the stairway and races to the box to climb up and slide down. He was having me time him to see how fast he could go. I'm no super mom, but I hope.my kids remember their childhood as being full of simple joys.

{2.25.20}
Just wanted to document one of my favorite landscaping things at our house. This beautiful tree is my favorite. It's lush and green in the summer and it keeps it's lovely crimson leaves through the whole winter. So when all the other trees are bare and sad, this tree seems warm and welcoming. In the spring, the new buds grow and push the old leaves out. It has grown beautifully, and I'm just so happy with the way it looks in front of our home. Also, when we were designing the landscaping in our front yard, I saw a tree like it, took a picture of a leaf, and tracked it down at a nursery. Then I pulled a picture of it into Photoshop to convince David it would be perfect. It is. 😍🌳🏡
.

{2.27.20}
My check engine light came on for the third (fourth?) time this month. 😭😭😭 So the kids got ice cream cones and a Daniel Tiger in the car as we went to the repair shop for the second time this week. It's not all different things, just proving tricky to fix. I will count my blessings today instead of having a pity party for myself.

{2.27.20}
Has it been a while since I've posted a picture of this sweetheart? ❤️ I just transitioned her to the Zip this week after 8 months of swaddling her tight. I'm not even thinking about sleep training her anymore. (Yet.) 😂 Just soaking in the nights of snuggling her tiny body close to mine, letting our heartbeats keep time together. She's getting bigger and I sense big changes coming and I just want to hold her tiny a little bit longer. (It helps that she's been in the golden baby age for a couple of months already!)

No comments: