If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, July 17, 2020

Lucy Holland: 12-13 Month Old

Lucy Holland. You're pure gold, girl. 


Stats: 12 month clothes. Hats and Sunglasses 4 life. Need to get her some shoes. Size 3 diapers. 

Things to remember:  

-She's getting so big! She's starting to pull herself up to stand. She's not really walking yet, but she's balancing and that's exciting. 
-Summer is usually our favorite season but it's not really Lucy's favorite season. It's so sunny and bright, and skin-cancer inducing, and you have to wear all sorts of glasses and hats and... it's just easier to stay inside. We've tried to find a really good balance of still doing our Summer Adventures with learning how to take care of and balance Lucy's needs. And to be honest, Covid has put a bigger damper on our summer than Lucy's sun-needs, but both of them combined have led to a pretty low-key summer. 
-We haven't been to an Opthomologist appointment in a long time, our 12 month one was canceled by the office due to Covid. But we have one scheduled for October, so that will be good. Other than that, we've been overwhelmed with how well Lucy's sight is progressing and we are still praying that she continues to grow and strengthen.

-She loves her dad. She gives him the biggest cheesy grin with her lower jaw jutting out over her front teeth when she sees him. He's the favorite, but that's okay. He's my favorite, too. 
-She can tell when I'm trying to put her down for a nap, because I pull out her sleeper and lay it on the chair. As soon as I lay her on top of it she starts wailing. But once she's in her bed she goes right to sleep. I love this stage when you can put them down and they JUST GO TO SLEEP. (Can you tell I'm writing this post after a 2.5 hour bedtime with Lucy's older siblings. Bless you Lucy for JUST GOING TO SLEEP when I put you in your crib at 7.) She's sleeping from 7-7:30, so bless our lovely sleeping Lucy. 

-She also loves her Uncle Bruce. She's been so lucky to spend so much of her first year with him. He's moving to Colorado this month and Lucy is going to miss him. We are glad we got to be here for his brief stay between New York and Colorado. (And grateful for his help on the basement!) 

Jackson Cooper. These two were due only one day apart and I love his Mama like my own sister. I will always have a special place in my own heart for Jackson and I love the two of them together. I just wish they were able to be together MORE.

Daddy/Baby lifts for the workout-win. Ha. 

She's a great eater and a great player. She is independent, confident, happy, and I love this stage. 

-She's also an explorer-extrordinaire which also means getting into all sorts of trouble. Her favorite things? 1- Climbing on the dishwasher/pulling out all of the dirty dishes while I'm trying to load them. 2-Putting things into and playing in the toilet. 3 - Climbing the stairs to move from floor to floor. 

She was sitting on the counter while I was making dinner the other day and in seconds she had scooted to the flour and had covered herself. She was so interested and happy. 

We've got a good sun-protection system down for Lucy when we go outside. She wears a sun-suit, glasses, hat, and loads of sunscreen. We are all getting used to the process and it's not keeping us down! Something that I love about Lucy is that she loves water and loves to stick her feet in the water, even if it's cold, so she particularly loved this hike because we stopped for a long while to play in the river. 

-As I said above, she's pulling herself up on everything these days. I can just tell that walking is right around the corner. This stage is one of my favorites because you can just SEE how proud she is of herself. 

That darn sun! Our outside adventures look a lot like these squinty eyes. But we got Lucy a new big-girl carseat, and despite this picture - she really likes the water table in the front yard. 

-Lucy puts things on her head and thinks that it's so hilarious. She'll pull off her bow then try to put it back on. Pull of her hat, same thing - try to put it back on. Find a random handtowel or discarded shirt and onto the head it goes. She balances it well, and her little smiling face peeking out makes me laugh every time.  

Oh Lucy, We love you. We may not be a perfect family, but you fit in with us perfectly. It's amazing how clearly you BELONG here. We are so grateful for you and love you so much. The only worry I have for you is if you will survive the suffocating love of your siblings fighting over playing/holding/sitting/looking/snuggling with you. We just all love you - a lot. 

No comments: