If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Saturday, August 22, 2020

Breakfast in Bed

On the Saturday before school started we told Lydia that she could sleep in as long as she wanted. Lydia LOVES to sleep in and even after she wakes up, just lounge in bed. So we decided that we would let her have one day to sleep in as long as she wanted. We'd let her sleep in until lunch if she wanted. As part of that, I decided I would take her some cereal to eat in bed so she got something and she was so happy. She loved being able to lay there as long as she wanted. She laid in bed and read books and had a great morning. 


Once again, you learn that your kids learn from your example. The next morning she woke up early early and told us that we needed to stay in our room. She and Austin were so excited and you could hear them whispering about a surprise and breakfast in bed. They slowly brought a whole breakfast just outside our door and put it on a tray. After about 30 minutes, they brought us this. 



It is one of the best moments I've ever had as a parent. There was so much work and effort to make the breakfast. Lydia wrote a note and then helped Austin and Caleb do notes as well. It was so kind and heartfelt. They brought cereal, yogurt, toast, an apple, and water using an old cup and root beer can. Plus those sweet notes. They had prepared the cereal first, and by the time we got it it was the soggiest cereal I'd ever had and I loved it anyway because of how I got it. Lydia told us we could stay in bed as long as we wanted and she would take care of Lucy and everything else. 




The other cool thing is that about a week later when the Haderlies were here Lydia led all the kids again to make breakfast in bed for us and Jenna. Lydia is sweet and kind and it was so amazing to see her grow up. 

No comments: