I enjoy the process of creating. I'm not always overly skilled at it, but I have recently found an interest in painting. Several years ago I got into paint-by-number acrylic painting with dreams of painting with acrylics more and after that I found myself interested in watercolor painting. I've done a bit here and there on my own, but it's been an activity that has evolved into something that I particularly enjoy doing with my sisters. We have watercolored at my home before, but this summer we've been more frequent in our watercolor evenings together. Melissa is an incredibly talented artist who works hard to practice and improve and she's taught Jenna and I a lot. Last month we painted at my parents house and Jacob joined us, which was really fun.
Then this week, Jenna and I left all the kids with David for bedtime and went to Melissa's house to paint. We grabbed some Waffle Love on the way and it made for a really nice evening. I didn't take any pictures of our paintings, but mostly because mine isn't finished. I need to take some time to work on it and finish but the evening was more about the time together than anything else. We got to see Melissa's new studio apartment, which of course is lovely.
Watercoloring is enjoyable and I'm looking forward to trying to incorporate it in smaller pieces into our homeschool (maybe attempting to make a phenology wheel). But sharing it with my sisters is the best. I love them and I'm grateful for both of them in my life.




No comments:
Post a Comment