If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Saturday, January 30, 2021

A little January Wrap Up

Usually David does these wrap-up posts. But Shantel is taking care of this one and what better way to start out the year than with chocolate? One Christmas Tradition that Sue does every year is she gives out boxes of chocolates. Not just any chocolates. Sees chocolates. She knows exactly what David and I like and she fills the box with all of our favorites. It's a bummer for David because I like all of my favorites (raspberry truffle, strawberry, etc..) but I also like all of his favorites.


We did a chocolate selection draft and picked our pieces. Very serious business of course.

My girls being cute: Lydia - reading a book in a tiny spot in her closet. 
Lucy- going all the way upstairs to get Caleb new pants and bringing them all the way back downstairs to give them to him. 

Meal planning. I've been using a month-long planning system for a couple of years now and I LOVE it. I usually plan out about 3 weeks at a time but sometimes I will still plan the whole month. I have to laugh because the same video my mom showed us on New Years (the one that was about how "2021 will make everything all better") also talked about buying a planner JUST for meal planning (and how having a 2021 meal planner will make everything all better). My mom and I laughed, because I totally do that and it's the best. I fall short in a lot of areas, but most days my family eats a yummy home-cooked meal, and the only way that is possible is because of this planner right here. 


Snacktime around the little kids table. 

Austin's cotton candy machine in action. 

I love the friendships between our kids. Each of them has a unique and special relationship with each of their siblings. In the photos below Caleb is pushing Lucy on his toy couch that is sitting on top of a stakeboard and calling it a "Rollercoaster." And the boys are painting with bath paint in the tub while the girls watch and offer encouragement. 

Immediately followed by a picture of the spot where Lucy bit Caleb on his cheek when he was bugging her. 



It snowed! The boys played in the backyard for a minute them I told them they could go in the front yard and shovel the driveway. They worked really hard for long time and had a blast and I was impressed that they stayed out so long. 

Lydia is becoming quite the great help in the kitchen. She has been working on a cookbook for one of her Children and Youth goals and she can make a few meals, several snacks, and a bunch of desserts. Here she is standing with her dinner rolls that she made all by herself. I'm proud of her. 

No comments: