I lost one of my earrings when we were at the Peaden home for Christmas. I'm so sad.
I inherited this from Blanche McAllister, David's grandma, and I felt such a connection to her each time I wore it. It's beautiful and it has long been my favorite set of earrings.The reason for writing about it, (other than to record how sad I am - you know I tend to dwell on how sad I am when I lose things I love - ahem, looking at you my favorite hat lost @ Multnomah Falls in 2016), is that I mentioned to Cal and Sue that I'd lost it and asked them to keep track of it if it turned up. Cal called me back a couple of weeks later telling me that he'd completely torn the house apart looking for it and then he'd spent several hours on top of that looking through jewelry websites like Etsy looking to see if he could find a matching set. It didn't turn up, but I'm just so grateful to have Cal as a father-in-law. He's kind and good and absolutely did NOT have to take the time to look so long and so diligently for something so small, but he did anyway and that's something that is quintessentially Calvin Peaden. I love him and I'm grateful that David has such a wonderful father to follow.

No comments:
Post a Comment