If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Monday, May 17, 2021

Lucy Holland: 22-23 Months

Lucy Holland, our little love.  This is our last monthly post before you turn two! To be honest, you're already acting like a full blown two year old and your interest in the world around you is blossoming and we love interacting with you. Your two-year-old stubbornness is out in full force.   But your two-year-old sweetness is equally as powerful. Two years old is really a great age to be.


Stats: All of your teeth are fully in. You FINALLY have enough hair for tiny tiny piggies in the back.  You love shoes and insist on wearing them all the time (size 3). Clothing sizes are a little tricky, but I'm putting you in 18 month or some 2T. But we've been scavenging through boxes to find long sleeve shirts and pants that will do for the summer You're amazing at wearing your hat and wear it almost everywhere we go without complaint. Same with sunglasses. You prefer to be outside with them on, so you rarely take them off when we are out and about and if they slip for some reason, you come right over to put them back on. 
     



Some things to remember about Lucy this month:

-Above I mention that her teeth are fully in. Also- she bites when she's upset and it hurts - a lot. Caleb currently has two giant welt/bruises on each of his thighs that are remnants of her biting him. It looks like he was hit with a racquetball ball, the bruises are so big and dark and perfectly round. I feel like Lucy gets more angry than our other kids did at this age and I'm not sure whether that is because she can't see as well so that's the way she can control her body to react. Or whether it's because she's the youngest and she has to be more physical to hold her own. Or whether it's her personality. It doesn't really matter. We love her always, it's just worth noting. 

-She loves candy or anything with sugar. Like LOVES it. She's got a huge sweet tooth. 





-She went to the dentist for the first time and did great. She has an underbite which is especially pronounced when she smiles, but she's too young for anything at this point. 

-My favorite face that she makes is a surprised face. Her eyebrows shoot up, her eyes go wide and her mouth opens into a tiny little O.  


-She constantly pulls all of her clothes out of her drawers and scatters them around her room that she shares with Lydia. I don't even fold her clothes anymore - I just put them in the drawer because I know they won't last long. 

-She's opinionated and stubborn about which clothing items she's going to wear that day/night. She has her personal favorites and usually insists on one of those, but each morning and evening you have to allow her to pick what she wants because if YOU pick something and it doesn't meet with her approval, there is no way you are getting it onto her body. And if you fight and force it, she will take it off within minutes. (Even if she usually likes it, but has decided she wants something else that day.) 


Her sunglasses bruise the bridge of her nose after wearing them all day. It's so sad. 

-She loves helping me vacuum 
-Says new things all the time. She said "Purple" at my moms house and I was so surprised. It's funny how much they learn and how quickly they pick up new words at this stage. I can't even remember them all to write them down - but one of my favorites, and the one she says the very best is "Poopy diaper". I laugh all the time as she says it. I already don't remember her first word (I hope I wrote it down in the blog somewhere.) But this is the most-freqently said phrase. Just yesterday I went in to get her from her nap and she was standing at the edge of her crib. As soon as I opened the door, she burst out "Poo-pyd-iaper!" You can just tell that she understands that she is communicating and that if she can tell me she has a poopy diaper, I will change it. 

-She prefers new diapers all the time, even if we've just changed it. For a few days we were going through 10 diapers a day and we finally had to put an end to it. 

-She often takes off her clothes and diaper in her crib before nap or bed and we have to come in and re-dress her multiple times before she will fall asleep. One morning I got her out of bed and was snuggling her on the couch when I realized she was NOT wearing a diaper. She had taken it off at some point and then pulled her pants back on. She was dry, so it wasn't a disaster but she thought it was funny how surprised I was. 
 
Pictures of Lucy: 


.

.

Lucy in wooden Holland shoes at the TP Gardens. I couldn't help it. 









Oh Lucy, we love you. We love adventuring with you and being the ones to be by your side through this life! 

No comments: