If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Saturday, October 8, 2022

Austin Baptism

Austin made the choice to be baptized and we are so proud of him. He has such a wonderful spirit and fills our home with kindness. We took him to the under construction Saratoga Springs temple for a few pictures.  



A year ago, Austin said that he wanted to read the Book of Mormon before he got baptized. He certainly would have noticed that Lydia did that as well, but I love that he wanted that goal too. Austin was diligent in reminding us many nights all year that we needed to read the scriptures. Some of it we did reading with him, but he also would listen to the Book of Mormon at night on the phone. I was always so impressed that he remembered and had that on the top of his mind. With Lydia Shantel had to really push at the end to make it all the way though, but Austin had mostly stayed on schedule. 

Austin was so excited to get baptized. In the month leading up he talked about how excited he was for his baptism day and could not wait for it. That morning he said he wanted to go over early and help her with stake baptisms before his own baptism. So he and Shantel went over to the church at 7 am and got to help 3-4 other kids with their baptisms first. Austin loved it so much. When I got there about 30 minutes before his baptism time, he was just glowing. He loved getting to see how the whole process worked beforehand and have a special role as Assistant Helper. 

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to baptize Austin. I am also grateful we could have our family there. My parents were able to come which was wonderful, plus the Renchers, Amy and Kevin. Shantel's parents were there, plus the Haderlies, Melissa and Jake. Plus Grandma Knowles as well. 


We had a testimony before the baptism and then went back to go to the font. The thing that I will most remember is we went into the font and got all set up with hands in the right positions. Then I looked down at him and asked him if he was ready. He was looking back up at me and confidently said yes. The look in his eyes were of total and complete trust. I'm grateful that he trusts me and has faith in Heavenly Father. Austin is always so quick to pray whenever he needs anything. Usually it is when he (or one of his siblings) is looking for a lost item. He always thinks to pray first and has complete confidence in Heavenly Father. Austin requested that Shantel give a talk and so she gave a talk before we confirmed him a member and he received the Holy Ghost. The other part of the program I loved was we had our 4 kids, plus the oldest 3 Haderlies sing a son together. I am grateful Austin made the choice to be baptized. 

After the baptism everyone came over to the house and we did a lunch and just enjoyed spending time with everyone. We did not do much for pictures, but I did grab this picture of Lucy and Sadie playing a game together. 

No comments: