October is typically one of our busiest months of the year and that's because it's filled to the brim with festivities. Fall adventures, Halloween celebrations, and time with family and friends. It's the best.
Walker Pumpkin Carving
A tradition that's been going for 35 years. Yay. Someday I'll have to dig out some pictures from when I was young and we carved pumpkins with the Oliver Family. But until then, I love these people and am grateful that we get to do this fun thing together. This year we added in some Halloween cookie decorating and it was a bit hit.
Christmas Cookies in October
We ended up baking loads of sugar cookies for different Halloween parties and the last time we did it - I decided to make a huge batch and just make our Christmas Sugar cookies at the same time. It was totally the right thing to do because now they are in the freezer just waiting for December to roll around.
Lydia Haunted House Competition
The Lehi Library puts together a Haunted House Competition each year and applicants are supposed to build haunted houses out of recycled items. Lydia did a house last year and she was so excited to do another one this year. I was in Mexico the week of the due date, so she did this basically all on her own with just a little help from David. I'm proud of her and glad she was able to do it without my influence because it is 100% her. The Purple Pumpkin, a spooky restaurant.
Gardner Village
Another one of our very favorite Halloween/Fall traditions - going to Gardner Village to see the Witches with Melissa and Zachary.
Trick or Treating at Eide Bailly
The kids loved being able to go trick or treating at David's office again this year after a couple of years of not being able to due to Covid. They had a blast. Lydia convinced David to dress up in a baseball shirt, and I surprised him by coming in a coordinating football jersey. Our theme was "We should get jerseys, 'cuz we make a good team."
I loved it.
Lucy loved it so much she asked me to make up a song about it that night and we continued to sing it on repeat for the next several weeks. It's to the tune of "One little Pumpkin." and it's the second verse.
"One little two little three little pumpkins,
Four Little Five Little Six Little Pumpkins
Seven Little, Eight Little, Nine Little Pumpkins
Ten Little Pumpkins in - a - row."
"Daddy works at Eide Bai - lly
He works hard so we can play-ay
Take the elevator, go trick or treating
We love Daddy so - much."


































































No comments:
Post a Comment