If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Gas Prices 2022

Every once in a while I snap of picture of our trip to the gas station because I think it's a mundane thing that one might not think to write about, but also is interesting to track the prices of gas through the years. This one was taken in April 2021. Gas prices were $3.12 on that day.



Fast forward to June 21, 2022. Gas prices were a whopping $5.06. Filling up my van has been a painful necessity this year.




Just one week later on June 29, 2022 - I filled up again (yikes) at $5.13 per gallon. 

The entire nation has been in an uproar about gas prices. There have been a lot of world-unrest things happening to cause the price of gas to rise, like the attack on Ukraine by Russia. But also, there is some major inflation happening in every area. My grocery bills are jumping and things like eggs, which used to be a great inexpensive breakfast/protein are now $18 for 60. 

Gas prices have started to drop as we enter winter, and for that we are thankful. I took another photo today (November 10). I filled up my tank for $4.04 (and promptly drove all the way to Morgan, where gas is still almost $4.20). I was empty-empty and took between 16-18 gallons. It cost $67.81. 


I grabbed these snapshots of gas in Utah from the AAA Gas Prices website for what things are like right now in Utah. 



I wish I could find an updated line chart for 2022, but the one that I could find was in March. But it gives a little picture of has prices over the past $4 years. 

No comments: