If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, November 11, 2022

Mom + Haderlies

This post really probably could have been absorbed into the wrap up post - but I thought I'd pull it out into its own post because I wanted to blog about it and didn't write that whole post.

--

For Christmas last year I gave my mom the mini-series Noble House. She was really into watching the coverage of Hong Kong's fight for independence and Noble House is a really old movie. (I just looked it up and it was made in 1988. Now I'm having an age-crisis because it seems REALLY old, but I was already born when it premiered. Weird.)

It comes in four episodes and earlier this year I came up and watched the first two with my mom and grandma, but we wanted to finish the series - so we came up and put the kids to bed early and then we watched Noble House and it was lovely. I actually didn't like the show much at all, even though I know David's mom really loves it. But I did love being with my mom, talking about what was happening in the show and snuggling on the couch together.


In completely a completely unrelated visit, the Haderlies came down and stayed with us. Lydia and Camille made yummy recipes from their cookbooks and we all went for a walk together. We love these cousins of ours and are so grateful they live close enough to spend so much time with. We have been weekend swapping with them and calling them "Cousin Weekends". It's the perfect arrangement because the kids get to hang out together which is their favorite thing and also we get to take turns having a weekend date.



Mostly tonight, I'm just thinking about how grateful I am for my family. I'm grateful for my parents and my siblings. I'm grateful for the relationship I have with my mom. I'm grateful for these Haderlie Cousins and that Jenna is my sister AND one of my very best friends. 

No comments: