Happy Half-Birthday darling girl.
The last six months have been filled-to-the-brim with family adventures, summertime fun, back-to-school, fall festivities, and Christmas preparations. I had to double-check my dates because it seems like SO much has happened in the past six months, but yes, June 17- December 17 covers a LOT of seasons and there has been a LOT going on.
I wish I had enough time and energy to write ALL the things about Lucy right now, but I don't. I will do my best to capture some of the things I love most and I will hope that the pictures will convey the rest.
-I am actually shocked as I look at these pictures that there are not more of her wearing a princess dress. Lucy has been LOVING wearing her princess dresses and rotates through them, often switching out multiple times a day.
-She has discovered the movie Frozen and loves it passionately. Anna and Elsa are her favorite princesses, although she's been watching more of the princess movies and definitely has opinions about which ones she particularly likes (in her favorites are: Anna, Elsa, Rapunzel, and Snow White).
-She loved swimming this summer and even though she passionately hates applying sunscreen, she allows it to happen so she can get to the pool. She is such a natural swimmer, it makes me wonder if we have swim-team competitions in our future. As soon as she is in the water she does not stop swimming, back and forth, back and forth, from me to the wall or me to the stairs and back again, over and over. She swims so hard, and then after about an hour on the dot, she is done. She gets out of the pool, wraps up in a towel and eats snacks until the big kids are done (often falling asleep in her pool chair).
-She's growing so much so quickly and I simultaneously want her to stay young forever AND I filled with such incredible gratitude that I get to watch her as she grows.
(Lucy at 4 for her birthday)
A few highlights:
-We went swimming with the Renchers and Cal and Sue this summer.
-We went to the new Paw Patrol Movie with our family at the theater.
-We went to San Diego with the Haderlies for our family vacation in September.
-We got Cornbellys passes and spent a lot of our fall-festivity adventuring there.
-The kids dressed up at the Pevensie siblings from the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and Lucy was, of course, Queen Lucy. (And was darling if I do say so myself.)
-Aunt Melissa took us to Disney on Ice and Lucy LOVED it.
Halloween
November
December





















No comments:
Post a Comment